So I am in the process of building a simple overdrive pedal with only volume and drive controls. I have a couple questions about the offboard wiring. I can do the pots fine but I am unsure how to wire the jacks and switch correctly.

Which one is the tip, sleeve and ring?

Heres the switch I'm working with. Radioshack didn't have any stomp dpdt switches and since this is a prototype build I figured this should work, am I right?

this one shows the terminals for the switch. I want the pedal to be wired so that when a jack is plugged in it engages the battery.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Ok so I got it all wired up and it seems to work, well at least the bypass signal does. I get no sound when I engage the effect, what could be the cause of this?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

Quote by lbj273
Ok so I got it all wired up and it seems to work, well at least the bypass signal does. I get no sound when I engage the effect, what could be the cause of this?

could be anything really. you coulda wired something wrong, used the wrong components, dead battery, forgot to make one little connection... i'm not psychic so i have no idea what you did wrong. provide more info or pics.

Heres the underside of the board. I have a video uploading to youtube right now as well. The bypass signal works great, when the effect is engaged no sound until I touch a solder joint, then I get a dying battery sound but none of the effect. I checked it with 3 different brand new batteries so it is not the battery.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

The video is up and can be found here, hope this helps you diagnose what my problem is.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020