Page 1 of 72
Alright, so with many people here in GG&A, we all know what Craigslist, Gumtree, and TradeMe for what they really are. They are a place to find some really great deals, to get some off-the-wall gear, or just to even get a good laugh or two.

Let's use this thread to celebrate all three of the above mentioned topics!

I'll start with this, a $7000 Fat Strat because it is the only listing I have off hand.

Also, please try to quickly explain/summarize what you are posting along with the link.

ADDENDUM: as mentioned by 311ZOSOVHJH, I know craigslist has their postings go out of date after about 30 days. This thread should be read from the most current (last post) point first, then backtrack.

IMPORTANT ADDENDUM: THIS IS NOT FOR ADVERTISING YOUR OWN LISTING. ANYONE WHO IS DOING SO WILL BE DEALT WITH ACCORDINGLY (WARNING/BAN)
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Jun 15, 2009,
I got my Sovtek Big Muff off craigslist for $20 bucks and a piece of crap bass guitar worth about $10 bucks
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Bought my VK for $210, sold my spider for $200.

great success
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I picked up my Quick Rod off craigslist and sold my GDEC.

Both were pretty easy transactions.

Also, the other night I saw a listing in my Musical Instruments where this guy basically used the F word to ask why there were so many idiotic posts with prices that were too high.

MatrixClaw - I see you are def an Ampeg fan now
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Mar 14, 2009,
ok TS tis is a good ides (was thinking about doing this but just too darn lazy lol)

i have a suggestion though:

to make it more organized, constantly edit you OP with new deals posted by replies and such and categorize them by city and category

for example:

Florida Deals:
-Miami
-Guitars
-Amps

see what I mean?
B-52 OWNERZ LINK!!!

GUITAR
Gibson SG Special Faded Brown w/ Duncan Blackouts
AMP
B-52 At-112 60 Wat All Tube Combo
PEDALS
MXR 108 10 Band EQ
ISP Noise Gate
SETUP
SG --> MXR --> ISP --> B-52
I don't think Craiglsts is quite as popular over here (UK), I cant find anything on there.
This is a good idea....well until the ads expire after a week
Call me the rap assassinator. Rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger
Quote by gpowsang
ok TS tis is a good ides (was thinking about doing this but just too darn lazy lol)

i have a suggestion though:

to make it more organized, constantly edit you OP with new deals posted by replies and such and categorize them by city and category

for example:

Florida Deals:
-Miami
-Guitars
-Amps

see what I mean?

i like the idea, but it might be construed as advertising for the listings. i just want this thread to showcase the best moments of craigslist. do you see what i mean?
Not major lulz or anything but a little while ago I found a Jackson Rhoads EX(from 94 or 96). The guy didnt want it any more so he had it up for $200, I told him I would give him $150 and he took it. There were a few scratches and the wings had paint chipping off from being knocked into things but I didn't want a black guitar anyways. I decided to make it my first project guitar, refinishing it in Nuclear Yellow and dropping new pups into it. All the hardware is in super nice condition and it made for a very unique and awesome guitar. I have to say it was a pretty amazing deal for $150(he even gave me the official jackson/charvel hardshell case for it!)
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
damn. photography skills, yo. i demand a NAD thread, now. with skillz like that, i'd love to see all your gear.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by gregs1020
^^ Nice amp.

It's an awesome site for deals and lulz. Aside from the musical inst section, the "best of" is hilarious.

When I build that bar, this will be helpful.
http://chicago.craigslist.org/search/msg?query=mg&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max

You know, when you DO make that bar, you should get an MG head and wire it to control a blender or something. and set the OD to crush ice.

it'd be so fuckin' hilarious. and fitting. because that sound would be better than MG distortion.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
damn. photography skills, yo. i demand a NAD thread, now. with skillz like that, i'd love to see all your gear.

Thanks I'll be more than happy to take everyone's pictures for free your gear, your band or your profile. I'm a newbie on e-guitar world. If anybody here is local message me. Photography is one of the hobbie.

Quote by theoreticmusic
You know, when you DO make that bar, you should get an MG head and wire it to control a blender or something. and set the OD to crush ice.
it'd be so fuckin' hilarious. and fitting. because that sound would be better than MG distortion.

That is a good idea. The longer I take to plan this the better it gets. IP told me to use cabs as a base and "presidentially" engineer it so it works as an ipod docking station.
Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?
Quote by gregs1020
That is a good idea. The longer I take to plan this the better it gets. IP told me to use cabs as a base and "presidentially" engineer it so it works as an ipod docking station.

good idea? fuckin epic is what it is.

lulz ftw.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
good idea? fuckin epic is what it is.
lulz ftw.

Hey nismosr, what setting are you using on that camera? Good job btw!
Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?
Last edited by gregs1020 at Mar 16, 2009,
Any one need a free cell phone or footswitch

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/zip/1076913251.html

I found it using the link in my sig. There is option on the left for 'free stuff'.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Mar 16, 2009,
Sold my Spider II for $425, sold a Digitech Grunge without a battery terminal and a broken Hyper Phaser for parts.

Bought a half broken Jekyll and Hyde(haven't bought without testing since - dist channel only), and found a cherry Ibanez FL-9. I'd say Craig's been kinda in my favor.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Got my black Squier Bullet w/ Gibson 500T and hardshell case for $65(!), and I have to say it's awesome.

Then I got a Simmons SD5K electronic drum set w/ throne and bass pedal for $350 (would have been about 700 including tax brand new).

I think my most recent purchase was of 4 Danelectro mini pedals (Compressor, Octave, Phaser, Vibrato) for $30.

As of right now, looking for a JCM900 1x12 50w combo, and a reasonably priced pedal tuner.
GEAR:
Crate V50 combo
Bad Monkey OD
Boss DS-1
Squier 20th Ann. Bullet (black on black, Gibson 500T pickup, Ping tuners)

Quote by crackereast
i'm going to call charmin and see if they will endorse me.
i use the **** out of there paper.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Any need a free cell phone or footswitch

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/zip/1076913251.html

I found it using the link in my sig. There is option on the right for 'free stuff'.

OHOHO thats a peavey ultra plus footswitch.

I know cause i just sold mine lol
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.

^OO shiny My dad and I are restoring a 1965 mustang and a corvette atm and there both almost done...
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
Damn that's a nice deal.

Hey, Matrix...you should add that new clean amps thread to your list.

Don't judge me.
Haha the one I posted the guy was going throw in a free tube amp with that 70's strat for 500 that guy was a moron ....
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals