well i made a riff and studied it for about 5 minutes i think its in like a mixolydian or something, im just wanting to make sure so i can solo over it fine.

Thanks for any help(im just going to put the basic notes to it)

I dont no how to code so sorry

E--------------------------------------------
B--------------------------------------------
G----------------------------------6----5---
D--------0------------------------7-----5---
A-0------------------------------------------
E----3b-------3b---------------------------

EDIT: sorry not really wanting to no the key i was wanting to no the scale the riff was in

those are the basis notes of it not the actual riff tho
Want something that looks like spam but is actually legit?! Well I have the thing for you. Nah dude, I actually get legit MS points from this and do like 2 surveys and you can get about 400.

http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=EmoSlayer
Last edited by Emo-Slayer at Mar 13, 2009,
Do you know any theory?
"Sound:
it has a really good distortion and clean sound a little to much hum in the background but i guess thats why they call them humbuckers"

review on Zzounds
I would just use A minor with C# as a passing tone, for a Dorian-y sound. But those notes can't belong to a diatonic key, as the A has a major and a minor third.
"Sound:
it has a really good distortion and clean sound a little to much hum in the background but i guess thats why they call them humbuckers"

review on Zzounds
Notes used: A, G, D, C, C#/Db

That C#/Db is a very strange note if the riff is in C major.

I'd say G major. The repeated G's sort of imply G major anyway. Also, C#/Db works better in Gmajor than it does in C major or Aminor.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.