Hello everyone,

I've been looking on Ebay for used guitar amps and I am interested in the Peavey Windsor Studio, Fender Blues Junior, and the Peavey Classic 30. I have read on these forums that these guitar amps are very good and you can get them cheap used.

The problem is, I don't know about any problems with used amps. I'm afraid that if I buy a used amplifier from Ebay, the amp will be messed up.

What should I watch out for?
^he knows what amp he wants. He's asking about buying used.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
OH, my bad.

Uh, just test them out then, if you can. Maybe you should check Craig'sList or something instead, just so you can maybe set up an appointment to meet with the seller?
Ask how old the tubes are, if it is currently working fine, and if there are any problems/flaws with it.

Also make sure they have good feedback.
Look for terms like this, these are good signs:

*recently retubed
*modded
*never gigged
*smoke free environment
*new tubes, caps or fuses
*checked by amp tech
*positive feedback
*has pictures
*answers questions

Stay away from

*just came off tour
*needs tubes
*posts with very little information or incorrect part numbers
*missing x,y,z
*no pics
*doesn't have good answers to questions

There is more, but that is all I came up with quickly. That list would be pretty generic and more for someone just starting out with all of this. With craigslist, you go see the goods before you buy so I always recommend that over eBay. And buying from Forum Classifieds can be good too.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Mar 13, 2009,
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
OH, my bad.

Uh, just test them out then, if you can. Maybe you should check Craig'sList or something instead, just so you can maybe set up an appointment to meet with the seller?

double fail, dude. did you read the first post? he's on ebay.

@TS: make sure that you ask the seller and make sure that the amp is working, and if so, go for it! if it arrives in bad condition, or not functioning as promised, get him to pay for repairs or send it back to him. most sellers are legit, but there are always some scammers out there...