What kind of tones can this get? Crunchy Rock? Blues? Modern Metal? I'm really after a crunchy mid-gain Britsh voiced amp. I was thinking I could get my dad to pay a few hundred for it and I'll put my $1000 and I could get one used for my B'day.

Now I just need a budget cab to go with it. I'll sell my current amp and maybe my bass and I'll have about $400. I get about $200 a week so I'm willing to spend about $800 on the cab. Suggestions?

PRICES ARE AUSTRALIAN. EXPENSIVE ****!
So you want a JCM 900 and need a cab?

I am in the same spot as you right now my friend.

I reccomend getting a used Marshall 1960A cab, I don't know the equalivalent of it in Australian money but you can get them for a low price.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by tmfiore
So you want a JCM 900 and need a cab?

I am in the same spot as you right now my friend.

I reccomend getting a used Marshall 1960A cab, I don't know the equalivalent of it in Australian money but you can get them for a low price.

thanks for the suggestion. Used Marshals seem to be quite rare especially under $800. I'll still keep an eye out.
Well, the JCM900 is more of a high gain amp, not really as suited for classic rock as other Marshalls, but the tones can be dialed in.

A 1960 should do good with it, anything with G12T-75s will work, haven't tried Vintage 30s with it, but they'll probably work well too.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by SchecterZV

Enjoy.

Quote by Final !mpact
PRICES ARE AUSTRALIAN. EXPENSIVE ****!

Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com