hey guys im new at playing bass i currently got a Ibanez GSR200 bass guitar. I never got an amp for it though, I've just been playing it through my electric guitar amp turned down really low for about 2 weeks. I've saved up a bit of money now and i think im ready to get a decent amp to play with. Im looking for an amp to play with my friends who plays drums(i need an amp loud enough to be heard over drums) and my friend who plays guitar. I guess you could say we got a small band goin. Anyways we like playing mostly modern rock stuff, but i also like playing some bluesy tunes and maybe ill even play a little jazz. My price range at its highest would have to be $400-$500. any less would be great. So far i've looked at some online like the Peavey Max112, Roland CB100 Cube, Hartke A100, the Behringer BXL300 which has 300 watts for only $299?seems to be priced well im just worried about quality, and ive looked at an ampeg ba115 too.

If you guys can help me pick out an amp i would appreciate the help.
DO NOT go for the behringer, terrible quality control. I would say from the list of amps you said, you best bet would be the Ampeg BA115. Also, if you are going to play with a drummer, you are going to need a MINIMUM of 200 watts.
GEAR:

Ibanez GSR205FM

Trace Elliot GP7SM 200watt bass combo
Never buy behringer, that product is not the real wattage it is its peak wattage. Out of those I would choose the Hartke, but most of those amps are good. I suggest you go to a store and try them. That way you will know what you like best.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Go for the Peavey.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Quote by smoots
DO NOT go for the behringer, terrible quality control. I would say from the list of amps you said, you best bet would be the Ampeg BA115. Also, if you are going to play with a drummer, you are going to need a MINIMUM of 200 watts.

You can clear a drummer with 60 watts easy. You're just not going to be gigging with that amount.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Team Lime Green!
well this ampeg has got a 100watts solidstate it seems pretty good i might go try one out. but i wonder if i should be looking for a tube amp instead? i heard they are kinda better in the long run.
there aren't very many tube bass amps. Solid state will be perfectly fine
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
Quote by vCJv
well this ampeg has got a 100watts solidstate it seems pretty good i might go try one out. but i wonder if i should be looking for a tube amp instead? i heard they are kinda better in the long run.

Bass tube amps are generally very expensive and hard to find.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Team Lime Green!
oh ok thx. so i guess solid states should be just fine for me
Acoustic b100?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Acoustic-B200H-200W-Bass-Head-and-B115-250W-1x15-Bass-Cab-Package-483494-i1415333.gc

Also, I've always thought tube bass amps aren't accurate enough, I mean I enjoy the power sag as much as the next guy, but I like my bass to be quick and responsive.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Lower quality ampegs, like that BA115 are total crap. Complete, outrageous, total crap.

Fella, open up an ebay page, and go used. You guys are so frickin lucky to have Ebay available! I have to pay 300+ dollars for shipping alone, and then wait for the item to be cleared at customs!

Go used! Buy like a Gallien-Krueger combo, or at least an ashdown that packs above 200 watts and has a 15" driver.
SS bass amps are the norm really. If you like a more classic style tone or a bit of grit in your tone(as I do) Tube is good but you won't find anything in a good price range for beginning in tube bass amps. Maybe a peavey vb-2 used. I got mine for 900 new and i've heard of them going for as little as 450 new.USD that is.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by froggyman
Go for an Acoustic B200 its 200 watts and only 319.99 plus its good quality

this.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Another vote for the Acoustic B200

Just so you know, the Behringer is not 300 watts...they quote at peak wattage, not RMS like everyone else. It's really only like 150W.
Nope, no sig here.