I was wondering about Ibanez's SRX's-as far as i can tell the Bass forum has great things to say about the SR line, but what about the SRX line? What distinguishes them?
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
basically, its the same.

but, a step in a different direction. if youre gonna be playing metal, hard rock, or hardcore, get the SRX.

but, i suggest you try a few models from both lines if youre stuck between them.
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
The only difference I know of between the two is that the SRX series have high output pickups and get louder.
I dont know how they are tone-wise.

Current Gear
Schecter Stiletto Elite-5LH
Dean E09L
Line 6 LD15
but, a step in a different direction. if youre gonna be playing metal, hard rock, or hardcore, get the SRX.

but, i suggest you try a few models from both lines if youre stuck between them.

thats not really true.
ithink there's more of a difference between the feel of them- SR's are less beefy.
Seems to me that SRX's are more looks-based. I originally wanted an SRX (they looked cool) but went to a store to play one and it just felt... not right. I settled with an SR because although it was similar the neck was thinner and just had a mare sophistaced feel.

try them both.
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
SR: Growly, punchy in your face, but versatile and can be used for all genres. Great for funk, jazz, rock, and things of that like.

SRX: Thumpier, smoother, not as good for slap and whatnot but great for finger and pick style. Great for metal and hardcore.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410