I used to be one of those people who randomly placed effects, when i started to read up and put them in the recommended order i started to realize how much my tone was suffering. However one thing has been bugging me, everything I read tells me to put me wah first in the signal chain, but for some reason when i do this i get what can only be described as a week half-assed flanger, and if i use any heavier dist. it sounds like a syth. If i put it after the distortion it sounds perfectly fine. I use a Dunlop Zakk Wylde wah.
what sounds the best is to go into the wah, then distortion, and end the chain with your flange.
i like to have my wah first.
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
There will be tons on what is supposed to be right or wrong, but it's up to you and what you want it to sound like.
If u don't like the way it sounds first then put it after if it sounds better. It's all personal choice.

P.s I have the same wah pedal
Quote by TheWEBBY
I used to be one of those people who randomly placed effects, when i started to read up and put them in the recommended order i started to realize how much my tone was suffering. However one thing has been bugging me, everything I read tells me to put me wah first in the signal chain, but for some reason when i do this i get what can only be described as a week half-assed flanger, and if i use any heavier dist. it sounds like a syth. If i put it after the distortion it sounds perfectly fine. I use a Dunlop Zakk Wylde wah.
then put it after the distortion, if it sounds good to you.

/thread
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
The "Normal" is Wah then Distortion, but you can put in any order you want. If you like the sound of the wah after, than put it after
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk