Page 1 of 2
It's CNN front page. Honestly, Jon Stewart rips on them all the time, yet they are promoting the shlt out of him.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by Wyatt4prez
Damnit. I lost.

Me too...
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Jon Stewart should run for president ...

Edit: I love his comment on how America is based on hard work, I'm glad that idea is not completely lost.
Main Gear:
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe (Modded)
Fender MIM Strat
Ibanez Acoustic
Vox VR15

Saving For:
Peavey Classic 30
Last edited by hendricks.89 at Mar 13, 2009,
I was really shocked by this interview. Granted, I had no idea why it was such a big deal (I haven't watched anything but Sportscenter for the past two weeks), but I saw he was going to be on the show, and it was some sort of big deal.

I literally stopped breathing at some points of that interview. Simply riveting television.

I also kind of felt bad, and shocked by, Cramer. I've always saw him as this fun loving, entertaining guy, with his interview on Conan O'Brien being my favorite moment of his. And then to see this, and how much he had done, it was just mindblowing.

And I genuinely believe he was sincere in everything he said on the show. I do believe he will change his ways a bit, not only on his show, but in his work with the economy in general. The man was on the verge of tears, for crying out loud.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I loved that interview, watched it 3 times already, Jon Stewart fried alot more than Jim Cramer.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by Jericho114
It's CNN front page. Honestly, Jon Stewart rips on them all the time, yet they are promoting the shlt out of him.
I remember a while ago when they had someone (forget who he was) who was opposed to gay marriage on the show and Stewart completely chopped him down. He said something like "It's a little sad how a group of people have to make their case to enjoy the same god-given rights as everyone else."

I love the interview part of the show recently because I've just recently noticed how great Jon is at making his argument when he disagrees.
Quote by MrMojoRisin'
I remember a while ago when they had someone (forget who he was) who was opposed to gay marriage on the show and Stewart completely chopped him down. He said something like "It's a little sad how a group of people have to make their case to enjoy the same god-given rights as everyone else."

I love the interview part of the show recently because I've just recently noticed how great Jon is at making his argument when he disagrees.

Meh, he's not that great of a debater. It's easy to accentuate your points when you're the host, and the crowd cheers before the guest can give a rebuttal or the host just cuts them off.
Watched this yesterday on comedy central, Jon Stewart kicks ass, it looks like Cramers going to cry at points in the interview.
...My dad now hates Stewart.

But really, wasn't Jon being kinda harsh? Blaming Cramer for the current state of the economy? What the hell?
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Good work Jon. I started off feeling bad for Cramer, but then stewart basically made him look like Mr. Potter from "Its a Wonderful Life" with those video clips.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man

But really, wasn't Jon being kinda harsh? Blaming Cramer for the current state of the economy? What the hell?

He didn't blame cramer for the state of the economy......
^+1
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man

While I agree he was a bit hard on him, don't you think it was at least reasonable?

I mean, Stewart's just coming out and saying exactly how he feels, something the vast majority of people on television just don't do. He's sick of all of the deception, and the lies, and how the networks are just trying to put the wool over out eyes.

It's not really something that, if you know the details behind, can really be taken lightly.

But, in the end, as he said at the beginning of the interview, his points are not aimed solely at Cramer. Yes, he did criticise him on a lot of his past, but he was moreso thrashing out at CNBC.

Saxo-Walrus

Last edited by fallenangel20 at Mar 13, 2009,
I gained a lot of respect for Jim Cramer from this interview because he manned up and admitted his mistakes. Very big of him to do. He wasn't slimy or evasive in any way.
Member #23 of the Opeth Fan Club

God is dead.
schetcherc+man: He never did, though. He pointed out often that he was accusing more than just Cramer, but the entirity of CNBC. And he never blamed either for the state of the economy entirely, but he made a valid point about CNBC's lack of journalistic integrity while it was happening.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
Last edited by iforgot539 at Mar 13, 2009,
Stewart was right on. The guys who manipulated the financial sector, buying and selling these mortgage derivatives were to blame. There are segments here Cramer was openly discussing circulating rumours to raise or lower a stock price FOR PROFIT.

He treats it like a game, when in fact so many workers have their ENTIRE FUTURE invested in the stock market via 401ks that this sort of behaviour has to stop. It's not a *&^*& game for bankers and stock brokers to run schemes and get millions with dodgy schemes, building houses made of cards which can collapse and destroy the economy..
i don't care if john stewart can exploit jim cramer and try to make him look dumb, cramer still knows 100000x more than stewart about the economy.
I am interested to see if Cramer changes his show at all and CNBC's reaction to this interview.
Quote by slash4114
i don't care if john stewart can exploit jim cramer and try to make him look dumb, cramer still knows 100000x more than stewart about the economy.

That wasn't really the point of the interview....¬_¬

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by slash4114

I can tell you didn't actually watch the interview.
Quote by fallenangel20
^+1

While I agree he was a bit hard on him, don't you think it was at least reasonable?

I mean, Stewart's just coming out and saying exactly how he feels, something the vast majority of people on television just don't do. He's sick of all of the deception, and the lies, and how the networks are just trying to put the wool over out eyes.

It's not really something that, if you know the details behind, can really be taken lightly.

But, in the end, as he said at the beginning of the interview, his points are not aimed solely at Cramer. Yes, he did criticise him on a lot of his past, but he was moreso thrashing out at CNBC.

That's exactly what I thought at first. He's just giving his opinion, come on... I just wanted to see what other people about the "blaming the state of the economy" on Cramer. I didn't think that was his intent in the first place.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Jesus Christ. He got buttraped.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by fallenangel20
That wasn't really the point of the interview....¬_¬

john was basically blaming cramer for all of this stuff when he can't hold a candle to cramer when it comes to financial issues. Sorry, but id listen to jim cramer way before id listen to anything that comes out of john stewart's mouth.
/flameshield.
Quote by slash4114

the point was that he knew what was gonna happen and told people to go right ahead anyway because he knew all the CEO's & **** that he was interviewing
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by slash4114
john was basically blaming cramer for all of this stuff when he can't hold a candle to cramer when it comes to financial issues. Sorry, but id listen to jim cramer way before id listen to anything that comes out of john stewart's mouth.
/flameshield.

but John Stewart isn't in a position to give that kind of advice and he never was.
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Quote by slash4114
/flameshield.

So a comedic host is not allowed to say anything serious for once?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I'm watching mad money right now, and Cramer keeps admitting he ran a hedge fund(sp?, which he apparently admitted for the first time during that interview, if I understood correctly.

EDIT: Yes, he keeps mentioning things from the interview.
Quote by slash4114
/flameshield.

MedicreDemon's point still stands.

Either you didn't watch the videos, or you simply didn't understand a single thing that was going on.

Saxo-Walrus

Jon stewart also never made the economy and thousands of peoples jobs into a silly talk show
You can say cramer has more credibility than stewart, but these days, not by alot
and thats saying something,
since stewarts a comedian
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Cramer can't get blamed, the man has a daily show that lasts for an hour. He talks about what the market does on a daily basis, and there's not enough time for him to sit down and talk layman through the intricacies of the market.

Stewart was making a big deal of his conversation about how hedge funds are run, so what. Does he expect Cramer to sit down and try to explain how hedgefunds are run, their effects on the market, the legality of each action during his one hour show? He's not here tp explain the intricacies of the market, that's not what his show is geared towards (and if you're getting your financial advice from that show, you need to grow up).

For christ sakes, this is why people get degrees and study this stuff. If you don't know what you're doing, get someone else to handle your portfolio for you. It's not cnbc's fault the market tanked. It's not cnbc's fault that ceos were lying and cooking the books. This is what regulators are for, and to blame Cramer or a network for their failure to see through a bunch of lies is unfair. Blame the regulators and the SEC.

This is like blaming the news for failing to discover that a kid was planning to shoot up a school instead of the police who should have stopped it, and whose job is to stop something like that from happening
^stewart isn't blaming anybody. He's calling out Cramer's and, more importantly, CNBC's lack of journalistic integrity. As a financial network that many people watch, and many people unfortunately take financial advice from and as a network that claims to be a "financial expert", why would you deceive your audience? Why would you say "yes, buy, sell, invest, etc." when you know exactly whats going to happen? Why lie to people who are going to believe you and put their life savings at risk?

You can say, "well, it's not their fault that people believe them." But, yes it is. If you're going to claim to know what's up and claim that you can give good financial advice or information, then it is your responsibility to give accurate and honest advice. You can't just say whatever you want out there. There's no such thing as a "but hey, don't take our word for it" disclaimer. John Stewart is right: it's not a ****ing game. We're talking about people's money here. It's as simple as that. they had video's of cramer suggesting that it was a good idea to circulate rumors that investor's should buy or sell, or lower or raise the price of stock just to make a profit. What the **** is that? There has to be some sort of legal repercussions for doing that.

anyways, good job John Stewart. I feel bad for Cramer, because he became the face all that throughout the course of the interview, but somebody had to do it.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by Wyatt4prez
Damnit. I lost.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Page 1 of 2