GREG HOWE. awesome shred jazz.
"In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you"

\m/

GEAR:
Ibanez XPT700
Ibanez S Series 7 String
Jacskson USA Soloist
Chick Corea is a great keyboardist, check out Chick Corea Elektric Band (One or two...Yes, there's two). Art Tatum is a great pianist... Allan Holdsworth or Guthrie Govan if you want fusion, Adam Nitti... Trio Sud... There are a few others I can't remember, but those should be enough to get you started, anyway.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Well I personally don't really like much jazz guitar, but check out Stan Getz, Mamavig, Kenny Ball, Duke Elington and Louis Armstrong.

EDIT: I'll probably get alot of hate for it, but Kenny G is one of my favorite musicians of all time. Check him out too.
Dickless.
Last edited by MetalMilitia212 at Mar 13, 2009,
I think Pat Metheny is great for anyone looking to get into jazz. His music covers alot of what jazz is all about. I highly recommend his album 'Watercolors'.

You might also want to check out some of the classics such as:

Miles Davis - Kind of Blues
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme

If you are looking for more of a 'groove' kind of jazz, John Scofield may be what you are looking for. His album 'A Go Go' is great. Also check out the classic group Martin Medeski & Wood.

Edit: Almost forgot, The Charlie Hunter Quintet are also a very groovy group. Charlie Hunter is very talented guitarist.
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
Last edited by highwaysalmon at Mar 13, 2009,
best prob start off with more simple Jazz (Big Band Swing) from the 20's and 30's, Benny Goodman and Louis Armstrong are good places to start.