Title. I play progressive, metal, some punk, and classic rock. Thanks.

Also, My budget is $300 for a bass AND a bass amp, thanks.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Do you expect us to have an itemized list of the amps and basses, sorted by quality and style? I'm not mad, I'm just saying that maybe you should search the forum a little, play some instruments, look online, play some more, and then give us a more focused question.

I would say, don't worry about it, get what looks good, learn how to play, then save your money and get something good when you know what you want and don't need some strangers over the internet to tell you.

P.S. I used a dean XM pro and a peavey 8 inch practice amp starting out. Real cheap, and sounds like a bass.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
The best packs I've seen are the ones with the Peavey Zodiac or Milestone III, but good luck finding one....I haven't seen one for quite a while except on GuitarAmpKeyboard.co.uk, which is european...
Nope, no sig here.
used. go to a pawn shop.

look for Fender, Peavey, Acoustic (the brand!), Ibanez, and Squier stuff.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by samskii
Do you expect us to have an itemized list of the amps and basses, sorted by quality and style? I'm not mad, I'm just saying that maybe you should search the forum a little, play some instruments, look online, play some more, and then give us a more focused question.

Actually, we do have an itemized list of amps and basses sorted by quality and style. It's call the FAQ at the top of the section, and it has all of the answers to this question.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite