Hey,
I've been off sick from school for a few days and I've been given a question to do an oral presentation on for English, but I'm slightly perplexed by it.
We're reading the book 'Atonement' by Ian McEwan and here's the question I've been given:

"Ian McEwan says that for him Atonement has been about the description of character, particularly Briony....'she is perhaps my fullest invention as a person - deeply flawed and yet still sympathetic.' To what extent has McEwan's description of characters, especially Briony been successful?'

Word for word what the question says.

So any idea on what I have to do? The question just doesn't really grab me and tell me what I have to do.

Thanks!
You're asking the pit for homework help??
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
As far as I can tell, the teacher just wants you to talk about the character description (particularly for that one character) in the book, and discuss whether it was good or not (maybe with particular reference to what the author said about it - whether he's right in saying that or not)
Wow I'm reading this too but I have to write an essay on it instead.
I think the question is asking to show the transformation and open emotions Briony has. She is a bit emotional and see's a lot of things quite differently. Especially at the fountain part or the library part (I don't want to ruin it for you sorry).
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Quote by iTzMaTT
Wow I'm reading this too but I have to write an essay on it instead.
I think the question is asking to show the transformation and open emotions Briony has. She is a bit emotional and see's a lot of things quite differently. Especially at the fountain part or the library part (I don't want to ruin it for you sorry).

haha, ruin all you want, i'm one of the few in my class to have finished it already

/nerd response