Yesterday I went into a local shop the kind that sells all kinds of things, legal of course, and i stumbled upon an Ibaenz Destroyer Millenium edition so the DTX-120 being sold for $AU400. The internet has failed me so I ask here is this a good buy?The guy seemed pretty proud that he had an IBANEZ DESTROYER but he didnt seem to know too much about guitars let alone the Destroyers. Thanks for the help.
i dunno, if it's jap get it, it's not a lot of money, how's it play?
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
i didnt get a chance to play it or hook it up to any of the amps the guy had in there. How would I know if its Japanese made am i to look for the serial number or something? and im curious to know how much these guitars sold for when they realeased them and if they have any chance of increasing in value, i doubt it in the face of the 80s Destroyers but curious.
destroyers arent the ones that are worth the money, it's the 70s explorer copies that are. one of my dads old mates has one, plays as good as my explorer.

go and try it next time you're there, ask him if it's jap. list price on them is 320ish... so it's probably not, go play it, see if you like it
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Quote by R.D
destroyers arent the ones that are worth the money, it's the 70s explorer copies that are. one of my dads old mates has one, plays as good as my explorer.

go and try it next time you're there, ask him if it's jap. list price on them is 320ish... so it's probably not, go play it, see if you like it

evh had an early ibanez destroyer, used it on a bunch of songs on their first album, ofcourse, he complained that he ended up ruining his by cutting a chunk out of it, and when he went to buy a new one, they changed the wood. but I would still buy one.
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
ok thanks ive wanted an explorer shape for a while and when i saw this i thought it was good luck even though the scale was rather small.
if its got korina wood you hit the goddamn jackpot, a replica of the evh destroyer tonewise if you slap in a dimarzio super distortion (i think it was)

but yeah as someone mentioned earlier, ibanez changed the wood and it greatly reduced the tone quality much to eddie's disappointment cause he totally wrecked his