hey guys
im using my epi les paul standard (with the humbuckers that have the screw heads out)
and i tried increasing the height of the pickups a bit
but now when i play some notes (especially the notes from the 17-22nd frets) i hear something like 2 tones at the same time
could this be becuz the screws are hitting the strings?
any ideas how to fix this?

also, is it bad to use those screws as frets? (to hit a high F on the e string?)
Uhm, sometimes that happens because of string gauge.

Like, if you tune a little lower, the strings get lax and they hit the frets.

But, I have never heard of a pickup screw doing that.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
I'd throw a Marshall MG at him while he succumbs to tone killing gain.

Quote by King Krapp
Spend all $200 on M&M's, then find a friend with an acoustic, and fill the body with them. Why? Because you can.

just raise the action a little bit. on either side of the bridge there will be a screw that you twist to make it raise.
Lower your pickups back down.

When some pickups (usually single coils) are too close to the strings they create false harmonics which is what your hearing.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by sporkman7
hey guys
im using my epi les paul standard (with the humbuckers that have the screw heads out)
and i tried increasing the height of the pickups a bit
but now when i play some notes (especially the notes from the 17-22nd frets) i hear something like 2 tones at the same time
could this be becuz the screws are hitting the strings?
any ideas how to fix this?

also, is it bad to use those screws as frets? (to hit a high F on the e string?)

No, it's because the pickups are to close to the strings, it's called "stratitis" or "wold tones" - basically the pickup is so close to the string that the magnetig field is interfering with the string vibration, causing it to vibrate in and out of phase and giving you those unwanted overtones. All you can do is lower the pickups back down.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com