Hi guys,

Second post on UG, it sure is nice being here as a poster and not just a reader.

I am expecting a new POD Studio UX2 to come in shortly, however I just realized that it didn't have MIDI IN and OUT like many (most?) other USB interfaces.

I overlooked this, since I intended to use an old CASIO CT-650 keyboard that has MIDI support as a MIDI controler.

Would purchasing a 15 $ USB-MIDI interface off eBay be a good solution to my problem? I understand those typically have drivers integrated too, nothing to install... Sure it's going to take up a another USB port, but hey... whatever works.

Q1 : Did anyone try these cables? Are they satisfactory?

Q2 : I am assuming that DAW software will recognize the MIDI interface, and will work smoothly alongside the POD Farm, basically allowing me to record guitar and generate sounds with my CASIO keyboard using soft synths (VSTs) as well... Right?

Thanks for your thoughts!
EL : Fender Roadhouse Stratocaster - ESP LTD EC-400VF
Amps : Fender DeVille 4x10, Fender Blues Jr, Peavey Bandit 112 Transtube '08
Effects : Digitech RP-500, POD X3, TS9 reissue
AC : Seagull S6, Marshall AS50D amp
This will work assuming the drivers for the converter you get work with your specific keyboard. The DAW should be fine with it.
Quote by Strokes77
This will work assuming the drivers for the converter you get work with your specific keyboard. The DAW should be fine with it.

There shouldn't a keyboard driver issue, since all the keyboard does is send MIDI data, which is highly standardized.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
That's what i'm thinking, the keyboard doesn't "alter" the MIDI stream, all this is santardized.

I haven't read a lot about those uber-cheap MIDI-USB interfaces available on eBay, a few people claim they are the same as the brand name ones, but i dunno.

I'll update my thread once i've played with the one i've ordered.
EL : Fender Roadhouse Stratocaster - ESP LTD EC-400VF
Amps : Fender DeVille 4x10, Fender Blues Jr, Peavey Bandit 112 Transtube '08
Effects : Digitech RP-500, POD X3, TS9 reissue
AC : Seagull S6, Marshall AS50D amp
my friend has a $10 eBay one, it worked fine out of the box, but it was a recent purchase so I have no idea how it will hold up over time.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm