Page 1 of 2
Since Vektor recently got signed with Heavy Artillery, I think it is time for a Vektor thread. For those of you who don't know who they are, here is the myspace
Vektor
Sci-fi thrash. Very skilled musicians. They used to have a bassist who used a seven string, but he left.
Last edited by cfhwarhead at Mar 14, 2009,
I heard them a while back and it sounded like pretty standard thrash. The vocals were some of the most ridiculous I've ever heard, though. I mean that in the worst way possible.
They are named after my favorite cereal! They must be good!
My signature sucks.
Quote by madbasslover
I heard them a while back and it sounded like pretty standard thrash. The vocals were some of the most ridiculous I've ever heard, though. I mean that in the worst way possible.

That made me laugh a little. the vocals arent great on studio, but live its way better. I like them.
Listening to Forests of Legend atm, they're really a fantastic band and they should be supported, so I suggest actually buying a copy of Black Future. Go. Now. Do it.
Quote by Sanitarium91
Forests of Legend

Is it just me, or is that song just so out of place right in the middle of a sci-fi themed album?

It kicks ass, mind you.
Yes and no. The title sounds kinda funny when comparing it with the rest of the titles, but then again it has apparently something to do with the future of these forests, so I guess it fits in an album called Black Future.
They're pretty good, heard them a while back.

Never liked the vocals though, for many reasons.

Musical skill is obviously there, and I think I liked their lead tone.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Loved Black Future. I thought the aerodactyl vocals were the best thing about it. There's not too much instrument wankery, great grooves, amazing riffs, and amazing mixing, enspecially with the bass. Definetly one of the favourites of 2009.
Freaking awesome band imho. Black Future is a really great album.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Love Vektor. Was absolutely sold from the first track of Black Future. (Which is called Black Future, right? Horrbile at remembering titles...)

And I have to agree with Siksinaaq, I think the vocals are great as well. With the weird pitch shifting etc.
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
The vocals were a bit 'eh' for me at first, too, but they've really grown on me. Now I'm just amazed when I hear 'em, I don't know how anyone can have such a throat.
Hmm, well I've only listened to them a handful of times. Maybe they'll grow on me too...
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Nahhh, I love the vocals.

Harsher, blacker vocals really do it more for me than your standard HURRR growling these days. The weird squealy thing he does every so often is... Well... Weird, but I think it fits.
Just discovered these guys are like 21-22 years old! I should really practice more...
Quote by rg_metal

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Awesome, awesome band! I ordered Black Future almost a month ago, but it hasn't arrived yet
Swish bading damn! Those vocals are sick! They were awesome on record but that he could do them just as awesome live comes as a surprise tbh.
Quote by rg_metal

UGH!
taste
kaygade
probably the only underground pure thrash band that I genuinely enjoy

the leads are just amazing. the vocals also rip, not to mention the atmosphere is awesome, it's like floating in space, but with a sea of asteroids crashing into you
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Quote by The Wildchild
it's like floating in space, but with a sea of asteroids crashing into you
Hellz yeah it is. It's really cool to have a unique thrash band these days. I hope these guys will get the recognition they deserve.
^I think they use minor scales. I hear some harmonic minor, some diminished passages, lots of chromatics, I don't know about the other ones though (I'm not an expert on theory)

the only thing missing is a thrashing cover of the X-files theme
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Last edited by The Wildchild at Apr 19, 2010,
This band rips, we need more new thrash bands like this.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Indeed they do, but I think what we need is more new thrash bands like themselves.

But if by "like this" you mean thrash bands with originality, then yeah.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Just discovered these guys are like 21-22 years old! I should really practice more...

Go listen to Diamond Plate. Little thrashers that maybe just graduated high school.
Quote by yoitsfez
Go listen to Diamond Plate. Little thrashers that maybe just graduated high school.
Very good, they are not.

Vektor on the other hand, hands down one of the best bands of the new wave. Black Future is brilliant.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Dude Vektor, is amazing Black Future is really great and I love their guitar works and the vocals, and no they aren't standard thrash whoever says that is a complete ignorant of the genre.
Quote by we_built_a_tree
Very good, they are not.

Vektor on the other hand, hands down one of the best bands of the new wave. Black Future is brilliant.

Agreed on all counts. Diamond Plate are great players and they seem to be pretty passionate, but they have nothing in terms of originality. If they enlisted another guitarist and took some serious songwriting time they could probably out a hell of an album, though.

Vektor, on the other hand, break all the fucking boundaries. And kick a lot of ass while doing it.
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
Quote by The Frayed Ends
Agreed on all counts. Diamond Plate are great players and they seem to be pretty passionate, but they have nothing in terms of originality. If they enlisted another guitarist and took some serious songwriting time they could probably out a hell of an album, though.

Vektor, on the other hand, break all the fucking boundaries. And kick a lot of ass while doing it.
In return, I have to agree with every point you raised. Add to that a new singer for Diamond Plate, and you got yourself a good band.

Vektor are completely off the rails in terms of everything. Such an original band, quite a rare sight to behold these days.

...would you love me?
Thanks for the reco guys, I definitely found a good band due to UG.
Just listened to a couple of tracks off Black Future and they are excellent.
Quote by Deplorable
Got my Black Future vinyl today, number 93/200.
You will be number 93 of 200 on my list
These guys are ****ing great! Blackened thrash is the shit and I love his vocals though they are a little different but super original! A band that needs more recognition imo
Vektor are not black/thrash. Also, Schmier has done this kind of vocals since the early 80s. Granted, they aren't that common elsewhere...

However I still stand by the fact that they're a brilliant band.

...would you love me?
Last edited by we_built_a_tree at Nov 24, 2010,
The Vektor vocalist does seem to take the style a bit further. Unless he's always talking like his sack is being used as a pindoll.
Quote by rg_metal

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Page 1 of 2