I just recently got a new strat and it plays better than anything ive ever tried but im not to crazy about the normal black with white guard. The strat is black and white with a rosewood board. ( i prefer the look of maple but rosewood feels nicer to me.) I was wondering what colour pickguard would look best on it. So far im thinking of going with b/w/b
Gibson SG Standard

Custom Monterey Strat with Half scallop and CS 69's

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
Quote by \m/, DylaN ,\m/
I just recently got a new strat and it plays better than anything ive ever tried but im not to crazy about the normal black with white guard. The strat is black and white with a rosewood board. ( i prefer the look of maple but rosewood feels nicer to me.) I was wondering what colour pickguard would look best on it. So far im thinking of going with b/w/b

I just bought a vintage white strat, and I am looking around for an anodized gold pickguard! Those things look amazing, I bet it wouldn't look bad on a black guitar either
i'd go with a diamond plated aluminum pickguard. That'd look cool on the black.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

thats all opinion dude kind of like saying asking what is a good type of food to eat. maybe a creme color if you want it to have a classic look to it or aluminum like kurt_cobain9 said if you want something meaner
Quote by kurt_cobain9
i'd go with a diamond plated aluminum pickguard. That'd look cool on the black.

+1
Quote by CrimsonBizzare
+1

go with a parchment or mint green (vintage) pickguard. or, find a guard off of an old 60s or 70s strat on ebay. that would be cool.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Three-ply black/white/black... No substitutes.

Yeah, sort of a Gilmour type thing, that would be awesome..
i like black/white/black too. However if your going to customize a guitar, do it right and do it atypical. Dont just be one of the masses. Go your own way. Thats what music is about isnt it?
I also have a black Squier with a white pickguard and rosewood neck. Iwas thinking of changin to either:

Tortoise shell with black knobs & pup covers, or

Black pearl with black knobs & pup covers

I also like the diamond plate -> too many choises! I can't decide!!!

How would the mint green look on a black strat?
Im thinking of looking for something like maybe black tortoise shell with white outline or maybe just all creme plastic, i dont want a a diamond plate or anything like that as it isnt really my style. I was also thinking of maybe even a tie dye one. ( I play alot of hendrix and floyd)

I just need to find a place that sells lefty pickguards for mexican strats
Gibson SG Standard

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
Heres what my strat looks like now :

Heres what it would look like with the b/w/b guard on:

So far im thinking the black guard looks really good with rosewood even though i didnt think it would.

I think ill do the black guard with the white outline and a white peace sign on the guard.

Any other suggestions are welcome.
Gibson SG Standard

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
mines got a cream - just off white pickguard with black controls and body and like it alot beter than the pure white
Why not just take some cloth, dye it and cover the pickguard with it? It'd look cool and wouldn't be hard if done right
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
How about a leather covered or mirrored pickguard? That could be neat.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Im thinking a mirror guard would be pretty cool but does anyone know where i could buy a left handed one for a mim strat?
Gibson SG Standard

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff