I'm looking for a delay pedal that I can use to get similar sounds to that of Edge from U2. I have started coming up with ideas and my main influences are U2, Kings of Leon, and John Mayer. I play sort of a blend of each with the clean melodic stuff like U2 then the dirty reverberated chords of KOL and some blues soloing like John Mayer as well as acoustic stuff like Mayer. So I was just wondering what the best delay pedal for recreating The Edge's tone on both No Line On the Horizon and Joshua Tree? I had one idea of getting a MXR Carbon Copy but I dont know if I should go analog or digital and I didn't know if the MXR could give me enough seconds of delay. So what would be the best pedal under $150?
jm uses a line 6 dl4 - digital. this one's a bit outside your price range though. dont know for the others though. most musicians ive seen use digital
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
the carbon copy is a great great delay imo. unbelievable quality for its price. but if u're into U2 and with all that delay its gonna be quite a pain in the ass to dial in the delay time manually, especially dotted eights. i've played live trying to do it without tap tempo and great, the band played slightly faster so i was completely off..

here are some fantastic delays with tap tempo:
highly recommended - hardwire delay. u should do extensive research on this particular pedal

then there's:
boss dd-6
line 6 echopark
I would just go for dual capes of delay. A MXR Carbon Copy and a digital delay would be fine and you won't end up short for these artists or more delay heavy music. As for digital, we have the DL-4, DD7, DE7, #1 Echo(lovely spacey sound with knobs at 1 o clock, 11 o clock, 3 o clock and its only $99; doesn't suck tone either which is why I primary got it) between others. Hope this helps.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Quote by RR787
I would just go for dual capes of delay. A MXR Carbon Copy and a digital delay would be fine and you won't end up short for these artists or more delay heavy music. As for digital, we have the DL-4, DD7, DE7, #1 Echo(lovely spacey sound with knobs at 1 o clock, 11 o clock, 3 o clock and its only $99; doesn't suck tone either which is why I primary got it) between others. Hope this helps.

Good advice here...especially about the #1 Echo...great pedal. I owned the Boss one in the past, but it sucked my tone...especially being towards the end of my chain...and I have a lot of effects.
line 6 DL-4
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.