Poll: hollowbodies compared to solid-body electrics.
Poll Options
View poll results: hollowbodies compared to solid-body electrics.
yes, they do seem funner to play
31 72%
no they don't seem funner to play
12 28%
Voters: 43.
It feels like the strings give more response and twang or something. At least to me. And chords seem so full, especially acoustically (obviously). And other reasons that I can't quite put my finger on.

I mean, sure its a little harder to shred, and you can't usually play super heavy rifftastic metal on them, but as far as how they play.
Last edited by Tedward at Mar 14, 2009,
What I really like is their versatility- I've heard some Ibanez Artcores play really good metal and hardcore, and they obviously play folk, blues, ska, and other genres really well.
Fender 1989 MIJ Strat (It's from the 80's, so it's gotta be legit!)
Breedlove AC25 SM
Semi-hollows are just fantastic.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
more fun
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
i like playing my Dot unplugged a lot, i dont know about more fun but they can do a lot more than a solid body in terms of sound.

to think i almost got rid of mine not too long ago and i find myself playing it all the time.
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
i enjoy semi-hollows more too sometimes. but it's due to preference i think - some people don't like them and don't enjoy playing them.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
it's definitely more convenient than buying an acoustic and a gig-bag for the acoustic. Mine is a Schecter C/SH 1 and it sounds great, even for metal. But I use it a hell of a lot more as just carrying it to a friends house without an amp.
yea, they're quite fun. i plan on my next guitar being semi-hollow, maybe even a full hollow body.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )