Ok, so I haven't had a floyded guitar in years...and it was an Ibanez, so it wasn't even really a floyd.

Difference between recessed and non-recessed is...?

I'm pretty sure that recessed just means that the bridge just sits lower in the body making the strings lower and what not, but for some reason I have this thought that non-recessed is limited to dive bombs only?

This true or can they both still go up and down, just recessed sits lower in the body?

Thanks for the help and I appologize for my ignorance
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
they can both still go up and down, depending on how they're set up, but non-recessed won't have anywhere near as much up-pull available as recessed. if getting up-pull is your main criteria, then i'd probably advise you to go recessed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?