So I'm looking to sell my Peavey 6505 for a few reasons, mainly that I don't really play metal anymore and that it's too loud for home practice, and I'm looking to get something a bit smaller and more versatile. I play mainly punk/ska, with a bit of jazz and blues and a tiny bit of hard rock/metal, so I need something that's decent all around. I'm probably going to get between $800 and $900 selling the Peavey so i guess I could go a bit over, but I'm also looking into a car pretty soon so I'd like to save a bit (Probably also selling my Ibanez S470).

The tones I'm looking to nail are mainly Bomb the Music Industry, Fatter Than Albert, The Cure, Death Cab for Cutie and stuff like that. I'd prefer 15 watts so I can crank it a bit at home. I've played a Fender Twin Reverb that was probably my favorite amp EVER, but sadly it's out of my price range, any suggestions for a similar tone?
Dickless.
Fender Blues Jr, Vox AC15.

EDIT- Unless you can find one of those 22 watt Fenders (can't think of the name off the top of my head). A Rivera Clubster 25 might also be up your alley.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Last edited by shadow__666 at Mar 14, 2009,
Hm, if you're into the Twin, you're probably the type to get most of your dirt from stomp boxes, I'd assume?

In that case you'd probably be good with a loud, clean amp. You might want to look around for a used SF Super Reverb.

If you want to go with a new production amp for that kind of stuff, I suggest an Epiphone Blues Custom 30. It's one of my favorite amps, period, and I've played a lot of amps. You can go for clean and spanky, warm, full and jazzy, gritty Chicago blues, nasty Texas Blues, and some British Hard Rock with a boost.

30 watts with a half power switch.

Another viable option is the Vox AC15. It'd be great for the indie style stuff you play, and can pull Jazz and Blues excellently. It's a lot different than the Blues Custom, and has a bit more of a high mid hump, as opposed to the sparkly crystalline sound of the 5881's in the Blues Custom.

You might be able to swing a used Fargen for around that range, but I doubt it.

There are a few others that you might be interested, but those would be my main suggestions.
Rivera Clubster! Rivera products are awesome. =)
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Look at the Vox AC15, some of the lower end Fenders (blues jr is the first that comes to mine, but maybe check out the Hot Rod Deluxe and Blues Reissue).

Also, even though it's a bit more wattage than what you want, I highly suggest the Peavey Classic 30. Amazing amp, I bought one and it's still remained one of my favorite amps to this day. It's pretty versatile, with a boost it can get into some metal territory (not tons, mind you, but it can get there). Check it out!
I personally am a fan of the Fender Deluxe, I also love the Twin Reverb sound and the Deluxe captures that vibe, at least to me it does. It still might be too much wattage though 40 watts tube can be quite loud, if that's the case check out the Blues Jr, nice clean amps. However you'll have to get your overdrive and distortion from pedals.

Good luck comrade
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Bugera 6260 or a Fender Hot Rod DeVille(which may be a bit out of your price range.) Bugera's are pretty versatile and you could get virtually andy tone you want. If your looking more for a good price than the power, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get an Epiphone Valve Junior or a Blackheart Handsome Devil and combo it up with like a Marshall MG cab.
Quote by epiphonesg94
Bugera 6260 or a Fender Hot Rod DeVille(which may be a bit out of your price range.) Bugera's are pretty versatile and you could get virtually andy tone you want. If your looking more for a good price than the power, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get an Epiphone Valve Junior or a Blackheart Handsome Devil and combo it up with like a Marshall MG cab.

if hes selling his 6505, i highly doubt a 6260 would be of much use. versatile, sure but if hes getting out of the metal alley i dont think 6260 is a good choice.
and DONT buy an MG cab. i know this band, they;re guitar player had a jcm900 or a DSL, into an MG cab. awful. really fizzy, bad, horrid sound. MG speakers, and a plastic cab. terrible. i wished i could have sat my TSL with a REAL cab beside and, and played with some real tone, even though the TSL is regarded as a fizzier amp than a 900. but alas, i was playing bass at that gig.

anywho, blues juniors are nice, fairly powerful little amps. i quite like them. that with an OD, chorus/flange and a delay would likely make a wonderful setup for you..may not hit hard rock territory though
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
I know we already discussed this, but I figured I'd bump your thread, even though I agree with most answers here. You're welcome to try out my Blues Jr next time I'm home. I think you'll like it quite a bit.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite