I'm looking for a digital tuner (software) that acts just like a real one.

I got my Guitar jacked in the line in tru a preamp into my compurer, and I reckon that could work just like the input on a "real" digital tuner.

Now I want to know if anyone knows such software, that takes my input and gives me the reference of a "true" digital (chromatic tuner)

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Mar 14, 2009,
It is definatly possible, you get a tuner with toneport gearbox and POD farm but i dont know of any free programmes.
The tuners aint overly great on these programmes but they do the trick none the less.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by alkalineweeman
It is definatly possible, you get a tuner with toneport gearbox and POD farm but i dont know of any free programmes.
The tuners aint overly great on these programmes but they do the trick none the less.

Hmm okey.

Why aren't the tuners that great?

A computer has higher capabilities of doing frequency audio analysis then the computer of a real tuner, hence why a normal tuner can only tune to a few pitches and not every pitch.

EDIT:

NP, I found a program, and it works quite nice, and it's free.

Has a high cent ratio for even higher accurate tuning, not that anyone notices it if ur a microcent off, but still.

Here's the link if anyone wants it;
http://www.guitar.sk/guitar/guitar_software.htm

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Mar 14, 2009,