well, im assuming the random **** thats been happening with UG is over, ill finally post this

i just changed gauges. from .009s to 10s now the 10s go up to .052

i lengthened the springs by tightening the screws after finishing off the restring i was left with my bridge in this position

as you can see the bridge is angled up. now will this hurt the guitar? or can i just leave it like this?
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
I ain't a pro or anything..but i got the feeling there's a bit too much tension going on lol
Loosen Tighten the springs round the back until it is level with the body.

Tune up and intonate as well.

EDIT: I mean TIGHTEN!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Last edited by Simsimius at Mar 14, 2009,
wait!? loosen? wont that mean the bridge might come flying out or something??

thats the guitar, in tune.
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

Quote by ozy!d!ot
wait!? loosen? wont that mean the bridge might come flying out or something??

thats the guitar, in tune.

I think loosening the springs just reduces the tension?
There is too much tension, so you need to counteract it by tightening the screws in the back cavity, until the bridge sits parallell to the body. Retune and make any modifications if necessary.
Quote by Simsimius
Loosen the springs round the back until it is level with the body.

Tune up and intonate as well.

wrong one mate. to the ts you want to tighten the spring and then loosen the strings a tad otherwise they'll still be sharp after you tighten the spring.
right now, the screws are as 'deep' as possible, meaning they are stretching the strings, so youre saying if i loosen those screws, my bridge will balance?
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

in the back of your guitar there should be 2 screws holding the tremolo system
the deeper those screws are the flatter your tremolo system will be so search for a screwdriver and tighten the screws

or just throw in an extra spring
Beer is fine.
Quote by ozy!d!ot
right now, the screws are as 'deep' as possible, meaning they are stretching the strings, so youre saying if i loosen those screws, my bridge will balance?

absolutely not. if they are in as deep as the screws can be then you would be needing to buy another tremolo spring.
trem springs can be bought at most music stores right? if not a music store anywhere else?

btw whats the worst that could happen?
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

i dont think anything is wrong ... my fender strat is like that
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by azn_guitarist25
wrong one mate. to the ts you want to tighten the spring and then loosen the strings a tad otherwise they'll still be sharp after you tighten the spring.

I just realised!
I meant tighten. Or add another spring.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by ozy!d!ot
trem springs can be bought at most music stores right? if not a music store anywhere else?

btw whats the worst that could happen?

music store or online music shops will carry them. and the worst ermm nothing really comes to mind.
yeah now you have to get the balance between your trem and your strings back again, this always happens when you change guages of strings, your workign with more tension now bro
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by GangsterLi
i dont think anything is wrong ... my fender strat is like that

Well, you're doin' it wrong then
I had the same problem with my squier. Just had an other spring it should work.
But before you do it, you can have fun putting ur tremolo bar and going up or down (yea a bit like a floyd rose) even if u dont have a floyd on this guitar.
Sorryz for me bad engrish.

Quote by OnlyIbanez12
I just cut myself shaving my pubes...
Quote by Geezus
I had the same problem with my squier. Just had an other spring it should work.
But before you do it, you can have fun putting ur tremolo bar and going up or down (yea a bit like a floyd rose) even if u dont have a floyd on this guitar.

and break your strings
It isnt ok, your guitar should be going out of tune always. U must bring the bridge to a parallel position with the body using the screws at the back of the body, where the springs are.
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
-Dunlop Strap (Heavy Duty)
- Ernie Ball 10-46
Quote by Nevermind1299
and break your strings

mmm not really. i did it on my SX and i didn't break a string, granted it only had 4 strings after i cut 2 strings too short (noob stringing method).
Quote by azn_guitarist25
mmm not really. i did it on my SX and i didn't break a string, granted it only had 4 strings after i cut 2 strings too short (noob stringing method).

his trems up kinda high, if you bring that down enough it's going to **** something up
Quote by Nevermind1299
his trems up kinda high, if you bring that down enough it's going to **** something up

well i don't see how. my RG has the tremolo claw nearly right up against the wall and i do divebombs and squeals and nothing has broken, but i can probably expect something to give anytime soon now that i said that.