i am looking to get a mini practice amp, i think a vox or a smokey. i would prefer to get something i could plug into a wall outlet. my question is can i hook up a stomp box to one of these? i have a rc-2 loop station and want to use it with a mini amp for practice at night. can this be done? thanks
yes
if it has a 1/4 inch jack you can run stompboxes into it
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Yeah, but I would buy the amp with the most watts. Cause if you want to start adding more pedals to your chain, well, it will screw up your tone. Trust me, I know. I have a 15 watt practice amp that I run my 6 pedals into and only 3 of them are true bypass. So, the answer to your question is yes and my advice is always buy more watts.
Quote by Swingjoint
i am looking to get a mini practice amp, i think a vox or a smokey. i would prefer to get something i could plug into a wall outlet. my question is can i hook up a stomp box to one of these? i have a rc-2 loop station and want to use it with a mini amp for practice at night. can this be done? thanks

The problem with the RC2 in small amps is that you want to place it after the pre amp. Since most small amps do not have an effects loop youre going to have to either; use distortion that isnt on the amp (distortion pedal, multieffects unit) or only play the amp clean (lameeeeeeeee)

I'd suggest just getting a small practice amp with a nice clean tone and then getting a line 6 pod or something. You can get them pretty cheap used. So your set up would be:

Guitar>Pod>RC2>Amp

I've been running my practice rig like this for many years and i have to say i love it.
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
Epiphone Valve Junior or Vox AC4TV (switches down to a quarter of a watt, so it's crankable at room volume, I guess) would make an excellent practice amp.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Mar 14, 2009,
i was thinking the little bity practice amps like in the 25 to 50 dollar range? i have a fender blues jr i use all the time, but i need something for after bed time.
blackheart little ant
its 1 watt/tube.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
check out my pod xt for sale if your interested
"if i were you I wouldn't fiddle with the feet etc. as that nullifies warranty but yeh, just get up in digitech's grill and demand they make you a custom whammy that is purple and gold and fires rockets when you bend +2 octaves"
Quote by Swingjoint
i was thinking the little bity practice amps like in the 25 to 50 dollar range? i have a fender blues jr i use all the time, but i need something for after bed time.

Youy can't use pedals with those things, well you can , they'll just sound crap. Those tiny amps are really just designed to make noise, that's all they do - there's no point worryjng about the quality of the sound they make due to the cheap construction and tiny speaker...no matter what you put before it all you'll get is boxy farts.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i'd just get a pod and headphones or something if youve already got a blues jr for daytime practice
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
can i use my rc 2 loop station with a pocket pod and headphones? i dont care about tone, just quiet jamming
Quote by Swingjoint
can i use my rc 2 loop station with a pocket pod and headphones? i dont care about tone, just quiet jamming

sure you could.

Guitar>pocket pod>RC2>amp or head phones, whatever you want.
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
The Vox amPlug headphone amp is awesome. But you can't really use a looper with a amp that has it's own distortion and FX. You need the amp to be clean and the FX have to go in front of the looper.
the Vox amPlugs are great. They are little and produce great sound. And they fit anywhere and you can take em on the run.
Try out a v-amp2, you can plug in some decent headphones in and it's reletively cheap, it'd be alot better than mini amps of the price range you mentioned.
Guitar Gear
Marlin 2 Single 1 HumBuggy
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Blackstar HT-5 Combo
V-Amp2
Marshall MG10CD - Microwaved
Line6 Spider III 30w - Put it in the oven
i just got a pocket pod. pretty cool little practice tool. i have guitar to loop station to pod to headphones. pretty cheap and sounds fine in headphones. thanks for the help guys.