Hello fwllow UG'ers...
I'v been playing for bout 8 years now..and im currently looking to buy a new guitar. The Deal is that,here in india, im getting both of the above mentioned guitars for approx the same price..but

The jackson is BRAND NEW..shiny new as such...
the RG1570 on the other hand looks like it might have been a demo piece at a guitarcenter before travelling the seven seas.lol Its fine as such..i mean it has surface scratches (pick scrapes) and thats bout it..the frets have gone dull..basically nothing that some good old polishing cannot fix.

At the moment i use a RG370.. so im more inclined towards the ibanez..
What i'd like to know is sheer quality wise, which one would hold up for longer? (neck...etc is something i could adjust too in a short while) i need something thats gonna be a major upgrade from the RG370

also, i do (well...i TRY and do) a lot of steve vai'ish trem tricks..so i NEED an absolutely stable trem. i'v heard good things bout the trem on the RG1570..dunno much bout the jackson..and the current RG370 edge 3 is just plain balderdash.

Pour in your opinions!
cheers
Aditya.
Set up:-
Kustom Sound 40W Guitar Amp
Marshall MG15 CD
Zoom 707 II (surprisingly good..)
VOX Tonelab ST
Jackson DK2M (Seymour duncan TB4 and the SD jazz)
Also.. im mainly considering the DK2M for its nice smooth maple fingerboard... I'm getting a standard DK2 at a much cheaper price. How good are the single coils on the DK2? I know the Duncan TB4 is pretty decent.
Marshall MG15 CD
VOX Tonelab ST
i would go with the ibanez. the jackson looks prettier but the ibanez is probably better in the playability and sound department.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
The only way i would take any other guitar (period) over my DK2M is if it were another DK2M exactly the same as mine and with a fixed bridge. It rocks, simply put.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
^ this is the one with the floyd. Any RG1570 users who'd like to comment?
Marshall MG15 CD
VOX Tonelab ST
Quote by Aditya
^ this is the one with the floyd. Any RG1570 users who'd like to comment?

At this point, doesn't seem like it.
I have my Rg1570, I love it. I wouldn't trade it for any Jackson I've played ever.
Ibanez Prestige RGA321SPB
Heres how I would look at it: The 1570 has a much better trem but the Jackson has better pups. Everything else on the guitars are pretty much equal. So which is more important to you?

if you're looking to abuse the trem like vai, I'd go with the ibanez.
Last edited by Justin Credible at Mar 14, 2009,
i can set up my jackson trems and carry the guitar around by the trem and it stays stable. Noobs think as soon as you get a real floyd rose its instantly perfect...........wrong. There are many benefits to the OFR over LFR's, but the Jackson stock trem has been very reliable for me and i dive bomb the shnit out of it often. When it comes to tone, doing things like trills, the OFR kills any licensed copy. I had a carvin w an OFR and the trills were killer.

That being said, Id go for the Jack. It has better Pups by far. Plus I find jacksons to be waaay solid. No nut crack, neck pocket issues like the ibanez sometimes have. I beat the bag outta my Jacks and they dont budge.
Dont think im an ibanez hater tho. The wizard neck is the bomb, I love the way the old rg550-570 play and sound even with the stock pups. and my SZ320 is butter and solid as a rock.
But still......for bang for the buck and reliability...........Jackson
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!
i myself would rather the Jackson for shred, good with the stocks.

For more metal or shred i would go for the RG with a pickup change.

In this particular battle i vote RG.

now if it was a bit higher end jackson....
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
Allright.. so what i can see here is RG=Divebomb Material
Jackson=Reliability
AS for the Pups, i have a dimarzio Superdistortion with me on another guitar which i could yank out. Damn..im gonna go and play em both again tomorrow
thank you so far
cheers
Marshall MG15 CD
VOX Tonelab ST
both great guitars, but out of the box, the jackson wins with the superior pickups.

the edge pro is probably better than the licensed floyd though, so if you're willing to do a pickup change, the ibanez will probably be an all round more durable and versatile instrument.
Quote by Aditya
Allright.. so what i can see here is RG=Divebomb Material
Jackson=Reliability
AS for the Pups, i have a dimarzio Superdistortion with me on another guitar which i could yank out. Damn..im gonna go and play em both again tomorrow
thank you so far
cheers

From my experience The Ibanez is much more reliable. I've owned both an RR-3 and an RG 2550. For me the Ibanez beat out the RR in almost everyway. Straight out of the box the RR has a number of imperfections, especially along the neck. The only mark I could find on my RG the day I got it was a mark on the headstock. I foudn the necks on both guitars to be very similar, the only difference was the RR was more of a C shapped neck and the RG was flatter.

The RR's Duncans were good pickups but not my thing. I found the DImarzio/IBZ ones to be better for shred than the JB/Jazz. But they don't come stock in the 1570 and I've already put a D-Sonic in the bridge.

After a couple months I noticed the trem preformance decline. No matter how it was set up or who I brought it to I never was able to get 100% return. It just wasn't able to stand up to my abuse. I'm not going to lie I abused it to death. I even broke two trem arms on the thing. After a year of having it I traded it in on on my RG and a year and a half later it still perfectly stable.

Overall I like my RG a lot more. I've owned it longer than my Rhoads and its still in great shape.
^ the trem performance is gonna be a major deciding factor on my buy...
how long would an abused edge pro stay in stable shape? i mean...would i have to change the springs often etc?
cheers
Marshall MG15 CD
VOX Tonelab ST