Hey so i've got an epiphone g400 sg... and i love it! <3 except for one thing... intonation on the g-string is terrible and i want to fix it. Now i know that the saddle can be moved to fine tune the string and fix this. but it doesnt matter how much i move the g-string saddle, it doesnt get fixed. i've also changed the string a couple of times, thinking it could be that. no luck there either. The string is always a little sharp at the twelfth fret and makes chords sound terrible when i use the g-string. So im curious as to what else i can do to fix this. Any help is appreciated
invert the saddle for the G string, this will allow you to adjust it more-so in the flat direction.

(im assuming it has a TOM bridge)
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
yeah its a TOM... but invert the saddle? im sorry but i dont know what you mean by that... explanation? lol
Quote by wolverine1190
yeah its a TOM... but invert the saddle? im sorry but i dont know what you mean by that... explanation? lol

one side of the part of the saddle that the string rests on should have a "ramp-like" slant to it, whereas the other side is just straight flat end. take out this part and turn it around 180 degrees so the ramp is on the side towards the pickups.

(if it's not already)
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
ok, i see what you mean. currently the "ramps" for my EAD strings are facing one direction, and the GBE are facing the other... so i guess what you mean is turn the G-string "ramp" around to match those of the EAD. (low side of ramp is towards pickup on EAD, peak of ramp is towards pickups on GBE) guess i'll give that a shot right now
well i inverted the g-string saddle, and the twelth fret was just as sharp as before... exactly the same amount actually. so i moved the saddle away the pickups (lengthening the string, making it more flat) and now the twelfth fret isnt sharp anymore! but... i did notice this. the twelfth fret is in tune, but when i play the harmonic over the twelfth fret, it's now flat... by the same amount the twelfth fret used to be sharp... it seems i cant get the harmonic and actual note to line up. they always stay the same interval apart.