another death metal piece, faster this time. work in progress but opinions so far please there is a gap for the solo because i have no idea what to do for it, will work on it another time.
Attachments:
Song3.zip
Quote by duncang
If Varg had any sense of humour, he'd open the album with a cover of Superstition.
Last edited by Ripping Corpse at Mar 14, 2009,
Kind of boring at first. The artillery blasts are still there, but the doom overtone of the first is missing, which is what made it really interesting. This sounds like an Obituary and Death confanglement.

At parts, like with the ascending chromatic tremolo, it sounds like Suffocation, which is good, but it goes nowhere with that feel.

8/10

Nothing for you to crit.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Kind of boring at first. The artillery blasts are still there, but the doom overtone of the first is missing, which is what made it really interesting. This sounds like an Obituary and Death confanglement.

At parts, like with the ascending chromatic tremolo, it sounds like Suffocation, which is good, but it goes nowhere with that feel.

8/10

Nothing for you to crit.

What do you recommend i take out/change? I liked the doom overtone as well but i wanted to do something faster, so i you could tell me which of the fast riffs are good i could mix them in with some slower ones??
Quote by duncang
If Varg had any sense of humour, he'd open the album with a cover of Superstition.
The tremolo intro sounds like a killing scene in a horror film, which is great. I personally, loved it. The riff that starts a bar 9 was pretty good but it just sounded a bit messy in some parts. I really like the transitioning at bar 25 too but not much of a fan of the tremolo chord riff that follows after but hey, it is your song. I thought the solo part of the song was really bland and needs an actually solo and I have seen your others songs solos and I know that you can come up with a sick one. Bar 61's riff was probably my favorite riff out of the whole song. I thought it was a good song overall.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1087417 C4C?
Last edited by The Arsis at Mar 14, 2009,
Quote by Ripping Corpse
What do you recommend i take out/change? I liked the doom overtone as well but i wanted to do something faster, so i you could tell me which of the fast riffs are good i could mix them in with some slower ones??

Not necessarily put slow riffs in, but use something else than just chromatics.

Throw in a short little trill fill or hammer-on/pull-off fill (i know, bad for old school ) or two between the riffs, switch some cymbal work, and have a more prominent bass sound.

Try not to use an earlier riff like you did with the intro and bar 25.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory