Hey, I currently own a vox ad15vt and a epiphone les paul with seymour duncans (JB/JAzz). I like play lots of eric clapton, hendrix, led zep, van halen etc just old classic rock. Should i get the distortion pedal and will my sound improve by alot?
Personally, I think the distortion on your amp will be better.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Nope, it won't improve your tone. At least it wouldn't be any better than the models on your Vox.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
No, it will not sound that great, and certainly not for that stuff. The Vox does that kind of stuff really well anyway. What don't you like about your sound
The distortion already sounds great on the vox. I just wanna know i should go the extra step and get the pedal. Thanx for the responses
It's the pedal I have, it gets the job done, but I'm sure there are better distortion pedals out there.
if you want those tones youd be better off with an overdrive pedal. if you really set your mind on a boss distortion pedal dot not get the ds-1, if anything get a mega distortion md-2. go to a guitar store and check out the Boss OD-20 Drive Zone Twin Pedal.
The Boss DS-1 is not going to sound good through that amp. I have one and I run it through an all tube amp, and it manages to sound halfway decent (certainly there is much better out there but it gets the job done). I wouldn't recommend it for your amp.
no
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
wont improve yr current tone only a new amp can do that.
but if you do look up kurtlive's mods for it here on ug.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
I think for the tone you are shooting for, you need a tube overdrive pedal like an Ibanez TS-9. There's a lot of good variations of this pedal these days. This is the best one, IMO. Been playing through it for a week now, and it is fantastic.
MI Audio Blues Boy Deluxe
Id also look into the MI Audio Crunch Box for more Marshall type tones like Led Zep
Last edited by tonepro at Mar 14, 2009,
as an owner of an AD50VT, i can tell you it's pointless buying distortion pedals for that amp. they make any distortion pedal sound muddy, sloppy, just crap. those amps just HATE distortion pedals

the DS-1 is a decent enough pedal if you know how to use it, though. It just won't sound good with the valvetronix.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
The DS-1 is pretty heavy for those styles.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Heaps of better pedals than the DS1, try Rat or a fulltone 70s fuzz. Your amp driven hard will have the best overdrive. I have 4 Distortions and overdrives, i play in stereo with a AC30 and a Fender Twin. Usually have the fender only on a clean and then drive the amp with a pedal, any of the following

Turbo Rat
70's Fuzz - Fulltone
Fat Boost - Fulltone - is a overdrive but the dirty channel is superb
OCD - Fulltone - Has a modern and vintage setting
With a modeling amp like the Valvetronix, I can tell you that any pedal, even the best and most expensive one, will sound sh*te. Either make do with your amp or save for a new one.

The Vox is pretty good at the sounds you want anyway. If you don't like it, search for another amp model to the one you're currently using.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
no
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots