Okay, So I have a Line 6 Spider II Amp w/ 2 12" speakers. For the past months I've been having some problems with it. It started when I would turn the amp off it would make a pretty loud "popping" noise, and it would even do it sometimes while I played through it. Also I have problems with it having no sound whatsoever coming out of it when I plug my guitar up to it and play...This usually seems to happen after I direct input it into my computer for recording and stuff.
Quote by Johnny Kazoo
Okay, So I have a Line 6 Spider II Amp w/ 2 12" speakers. For the past months I've been having some problems with it. It started when I would turn the amp off it would make a pretty loud "popping" noise, and it would even do it sometimes while I played through it. Also I have problems with it having no sound whatsoever coming out of it when I plug my guitar up to it and play...This usually seems to happen after I direct input it into my computer for recording and stuff.

theres the problem
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
One of the problems with solid state: damn near impossible to troubleshoot stuff like that. I'd say take it to a tech, but he'd charge more to fix it than it's worth.

I'm pretty certain they don't care too much about long term reliability w/ cheap SS amps like that, because they expect you to realize that the tone is crap w/in 6 months and then you go off and buy a new amp. They're disposable.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Spider series amps have a variety of different electric gremlins that plague them. And most of the time a repair will easily come close to the cost of a NEW amp. So its generally not a good idea to waste money fixing them. Because it might just be something different next week.