Any know what kind of effects he uses ? and if its possible to replicate on a Line6 Spider III or will i have to start buying pedals . Im a total newbie here been playing classical for the last 7 years . Just got my electric yesterday . Using a Ibanez XP300FX it has 2 humbuckers bridge/neck . Any recommendations for me to get that sweet santana sound ? ( trying hard to learn the solo for into the night )
it will be incrediably hard to replicate on a Line 6 spider. What I recommend you do is read some of the stickies on the forum to get a better idea of gear.
You want a mesa Mark I/II or a dumble overdrive special. Turn the mids up, use the neck pup and turn the tone on the guitar down. Good luck.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Santana's tone is actually one of the most expensive to replicate in the guitar world. A Mesa Mark I runs at about $4,000 nowadays, and a PRS Santana is similarly priced.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
find an old fender princeton, mod it so that its 60 watts. put a transformer from a bassman in it. use the reverb and vibrato tube as a another controllable gain stage, so you have dual cascading gain. then put a 12inch speaker in it. thats a start. after that you will need lots and lots and lots of fretting hand and picking hand control, and of course, great bb king-like vibrato.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Last edited by chea_man at Mar 14, 2009,
thanks for the comments guys . Ok it doesnt have to be exactly replicated . just like .. similar ? this is for personal enjoyment not like a gig or something where im doing a cover etc tt it needs to be perfect :P .

so in general . i need an overdrive ?
No you don't. Santana's tone comes from overdriving his amp (Mesa Mark I) Anyway, you can try to replicate it by going on the Spider's Crunch channel, turning the gain to 6-ish and then boosting mids.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??