EDIT: Sorry for the huge pics, and i know people know this is an aewsome amp, but I just want to give another positive review on it. Here's some more of my pics of the SG: My Pics

Check out the Peavey Classic 30; It has 3 12AX7's and 4 EL84's. It has 2 channels; clean and overdrive. On the clean it has a volume, along with the master EQ (reverb, bass, middle, treb). On the overdrive it has a pre-amp gain and a post (master vol.), this channel also has access to the master tone stack. It is really a high quality amp; great pots, JJ tubes, 12" blue marvel speaker (really pretty good), nice spring reverb, and cool construction (tweed and chrome).

Here's some pics of mine:

Last edited by TotalAmputation at Mar 14, 2009,
Quote by AcousticSlayer
What is on your SG's pickguard?

Looks like a reflection of a decorative light fixture.

Thanks for the pics, but we already know that the Classic 30 is badass
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Your photography skills make it look double badass.

DSLR or film? I'm interested in getting a DSLR myself...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
sweet man. great photography.
but, yeah, we all love this amp already.
strangely though, people have been recommending it non-stop like they use to.

edit/ also, you have great looking carpet and couch in that room.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Last edited by chea_man at Mar 14, 2009,
Peavey Classics are awesome amps. I recommend them all the time.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
ive got the head version.

with JJ's in the power section and stock tubes in the preamp.

ive been thinking of doing the 15 watt mod to get an even sicker overdrive at lower volumes.

i run mine with a DD5, LB1 power booster, a 535Q and a CM2 overdrive, nothing to complicated.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Mar 14, 2009,
Quote by WtrPlyr
Classic 50s pwn Classic 30s

Especially because the 50 comes in 4x10

+1

I had a classic 50, and I liked them much more than the 30s, to be honest.
But, that may just be because I like 10" speakers better than 12"
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
personally for blues, the Delta blues 15 inch speaker is so awesome, its just gives you such a nice fat warm tone.
Quote by THEKID546
ive got the head version.

with JJ's in the power section and stock tubes in the preamp.

ive been thinking of doing the 15 watt mod to get an even sicker overdrive at lower volumes.

i run mine with a DD5, LB1 power booster, a 535Q and a CM2 overdrive, nothing to complicated.

That would be perfect for me! I didn't know you could do mods. I wanted to sell my 30 as it is a bit too loud and I rarely get to turn it up very much. I read up on the mod, but I'm unsure how to remove the tubes in the classic 30, I don't want to mess it up. I have the newer ones with the plate on the back. Can I reach around? I'm unsure how to remove the wire that is holding them in place.
I'll probably get one over the summer because I hear half stacks and dorm rooms don't mix. Either that or just go all acoustic.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
I'm saving up to get either a Classic 30 or Crate Palomino V32

Speaking of which, how do you guys think those two compare?
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
The Peavey owns the Crate IMO. Much better drive and a much more responsive EQ section.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by Raijouta
Your photography skills make it look double badass.

DSLR or film? I'm interested in getting a DSLR myself...

thanks, but it's just an old, fairly cheap $150 digital, Cannon powershot a400. i didnt use a flash. it was taken on 1600 x 1200 then reduced.
Quote by Maharg
That would be perfect for me! I didn't know you could do mods. I wanted to sell my 30 as it is a bit too loud and I rarely get to turn it up very much. I read up on the mod, but I'm unsure how to remove the tubes in the classic 30, I don't want to mess it up. I have the newer ones with the plate on the back. Can I reach around? I'm unsure how to remove the wire that is holding them in place.

removin the power tubes wont lower the wattage it will just **** up your amp so dont do it.

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/amp-central-station/62395-peavey-c-30-15-watt-mod.html

follow these instructions this is how you do it.

like I said dont operate the thing with no power tubes it wont work and it will just **** up your amp.
Quote by stradivari310
The Peavey owns the Crate IMO. Much better drive and a much more responsive EQ section.

well there two diffrent amps.

if you want more of a marshall sound definately get the crate its perfect for that marshall sound, and IMO does a better job than the DSL or the new marshalls.

if you want a dead on marshall sound for cheap look into crate vintage clubs, does are dead on marshall.

the peavey well its hard to say you just have to play the amp its like a wired cross between fender and marshall, very much like a vox but not really.
Quote by THEKID546
well there two diffrent amps.

if you want more of a marshall sound definately get the crate its perfect for that marshall sound, and IMO does a better job than the DSL or the new marshalls.

if you want a dead on marshall sound for cheap look into crate vintage clubs, does are dead on marshall.

the peavey well its hard to say you just have to play the amp its like a wired cross between fender and marshall, very much like a vox but not really.

Okay thanks, I want the really Marshally sound, so I think I'll keep going for the Crate
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
glad to help.

ill probly pick one up in the future once o job comes trough.

but im definately ganna keep the classic 30, its just such a great amp.

i have to say a its bit more versatile than the palomino, but i really like the marshall sound and this amp aint for that.