Whats a good neck pickup for ska music. Its pretty much got to have nice cleans. Like the sound from Reel Big Fish or Sublime
Gibson dirty finger would be '****ing' perfect.

Or an alcino 2 ( dont remember the name )
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Any pickup TBH.

What guitar do you have, and what amp do you have?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
The amp and how you eq it is more important. Then I'd get something with single coils or a good fat neck pickup...Sorry I know nothing about which single coils are good and which ones aren't. Haha all I know is how much I love the twangy clean sounds I can get from the one in my RG550.

Imagined setup?

Fender blues junior, and a fender strat, or for a thicker sound get something with a nice full sounding neck pickup, like something from Seymour Duncan.

I have a blues junior and love the damn thing, I can get the best cleans out of it and It sounds sickkk with the handwired distortion pedal I got locally.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Quote by Hcmanu
Gibson dirty finger would be '****ing' perfect.

Or an alcino 2 ( dont remember the name )

these would actually be all wrong for some things. a Dirty Fingers is a terrible pickup for cleans. it is a higher output pickup that is good for harder edged stuff.

the Alnico II you are thinking of is porbably the Seymour duncan that slash uses. that too, would be a poor choice because of the warmer, fuller tone.

for Ska, you need a snappier sound, almost quacky.

if you have a humbucker equipped guitar, get some SD Phat cats. P-90s are excellent for Ska and Reggae.

if you have a strat style guitar, get something vintage voiced.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
single coil - Dimarzio HS-3
humbucker - Dimarzio Humbucker From Hell

that will only work if you have a good amp.

I also don't know which pickup you needed (humbucker or single coil)
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
I have a epiphone les paul studio and I play that in a Peavey Windsor Half Stack. I want to get these pickups for a Fender HSS Strat. They have tex mex pickups already are those any good?
get humbuckers. its impossible to get a good scratchy skank tone from a strat, unless you wire the bridge pup to the second tone control to round off the harshness.
Quote by fenderdude41
I have a epiphone les paul studio and I play that in a Peavey Windsor Half Stack. I want to get these pickups for a Fender HSS Strat. They have tex mex pickups already are those any good?

very good pups.