I have a Peavey Transtube 212 special. I'm trying to connect it to a cab i have. I had just done it the other night but when i try to do it now it just doesn't work.

On the back of the amp there is a Preamp Out jack and a Power Amp In jack. The book says you can use the Preamp out jack to power external speakers.

I don't know why this isn't working... help?
Are you using speaker cable?
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by Stratocaster88
I have a Peavey Transtube 212 special. I'm trying to connect it to a cab i have. I had just done it the other night but when i try to do it now it just doesn't work.

On the back of the amp there is a Preamp Out jack and a Power Amp In jack. The book says you can use the Preamp out jack to power external speakers.

I don't know why this isn't working... help?

it's refering to powered speakers, not unpowered speakers like a guitar cabinet. unless theres an external speaker jack, you wont be able to use the cabinet
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
The book says you can use the Preamp out jack to power external speakers.

The book is wrong. You need a power amp in order to, well, power the speakers.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

alright, can someone explain to me how i would use my power amp ? i dont want to blow anything up
^wait, you have a power amp?
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
alrighty then, run the preamp out on the transtube into the input on the power amp. then, using speaker cable (MAKE SURE YOU USE SPEAKER CABLE), run the speaker out of the power amp into the input on your cabinet. make sure the ohms match
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand