View poll results: Vote!
Smags
10 33%
Eureka
13 43%
Mr T
7 23%
Voters: 30.
Ok, so here are the entries for blue team!

Go here:
http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/guitarwars1/music/

Go ahead and leave constructive comments for the participants

Sleep - Smags
Chasing the Lines - Eureka
Down the Road - Mr T

So go ahead and vote for your favorite!
Polls will close in 7 days.

The links to the rest of the groups are here:
orange
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=19047372#post19047372
purple
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=19037010#post19037010
green
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1087185
Last edited by RozzLe at Mar 16, 2009,
i voted eureka because it's really my style and awesome

i didn't like Mr.t's tone.

and I didn't like Smags because it's not my cup of tea
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Smags: Tone wasn't great. I liked the music type though, so I'll give you that.
Eureka: It was too "metal" for me lol. But it had graet timing.
Mr T: I love this type of music. Very alternative. It can be sloppy at times but it still got my vote.
Smags, even if your tone was painful, I could imagine this sounding very great with some better recording on it.

Mr. T, Eureka, the best sound, but no melody. you sounded good, but whenever I expected something impressive, nobody delivered. it's like trying to order out for Olive Garden.

I voted Smags, even though his pizza tasted like Digiorno, he delivered it to his best ability.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I liked Eurekas. While I was disappointed by the lack of any solo on it, it was well constructed.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Mr.T- Down the road is really nice but in all honesty it sounded like a theme song for a show of some sort...
Smags- Sleep was just so awesomely great. It really hit me! Great job..
Eureka-Chasing the lines was real awesome and brutal but had a smoothness in the background, pretty friggen awesome.It was really cool, but kind of...expected?
Smags: Tone was a bit fuzzy, not great, but certainly not worth crying over. Great feel and sense of melody, maybe a bit more variation next time, but you're the winner in this round.
Eureka: Started of very promising, but I sort of lost attention along the way. Put in some interesting melodies or rhythm structures next time. Maybe even a slower bridge with a nice solo the smooth the edges off?
Mr. T: I liked the solo. That's it. The song itself was of poor quality, the melody lines were nice though, so was the solo. And please, download a better drumengine... The GP5 drums suck monkeyballs...
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...
Quote by RozzLe
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...0&postcount=281
Everyone click this link ^
It has links to all 4 of the groups in the competition.

HEYYYY! You just copied and pasted what I said
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
Quote by RozzLe
lol i changed a few words, but yea i guess i should have quoted you sorry

XD Its ok.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
Smags: i liked it, tone cud have been better
Eureka: beginning was great, but after i lost interest
Mr T: was good, but quite repetitive

voted for Smags.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Bump since they are going too far away
And because the links provided on the OP dont seem to work anymore...
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
Quote by Sora 01
Edited out for 'Oops'

SHHHHH! You cant tell anyone
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
Last edited by KiraIBZ at Mar 19, 2009,
Quote by RozzLe
lol what? that was random

Haha, I missed the entire changing it to oops too XD
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
Looks like theres less than a day to vote, polls close tomorrow
But I cant wait to see what the 2nd round contestants will show up with
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
Well looks like I'm out. Thanks for all who voted for me and left comments. Looks like I was let down by my mixing problems and tone, but primarily because I didn't play a harder genre of music; which proves that old point - play for the audience. The audience is UG, so I should have at least done something in the hard-rock or heavier genres.

Well done to Eureka and Mr T, with so many posters on UG claiming they can play this or that, it's good to see that some people have the guts to actually submit works for criticism.

Cheers!
Smags
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
Well looks like I'm out. Thanks for all who voted for me and left comments. Looks like I was let down by my mixing problems and tone, but primarily because I didn't play a harder genre of music; which proves that old point - play for the audience. The audience is UG, so I should have at least done something in the hard-rock or heavier genres.

Well done to Eureka and Mr T, with so many posters on UG claiming they can play this or that, it's good to see that some people have the guts to actually submit works for criticism.

Cheers!
Smags

Cheers to you as well, but really, don't be such a sauerkraut. You eventually lost by only 3 votes. To say that 'UG loves metal so Eureka has won' just seems a bit crude to me.

Really, I know you're probably not trying to, but now you really do come out of this as 'the bitten dog', so to speak. (I'm not sure if either of the sayings will work in non-dutch, but we'll see. )

Anyway, I didn't vote in this (or any of the other rounds) but I think the 'better' composition won in this round.

Quote by Y00p
Cheers to you as well, but really, don't be such a sauerkraut. You eventually lost by only 3 votes. To say that 'UG loves metal so Eureka has won' just seems a bit crude to me.

I'm just going off the comments made on this page. No sauerkrauting.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud