I'm planning on modding my BOSS Metal Zone MT-2.

Got reccomendations on the best mod for this pedal. I've seen the Robertkeeley Twilight Zone Mod, does anyone have experience with this? Is it even worth the money to mod the pedal or should i look for somethign totally different?
Last edited by CudOfCow at Mar 14, 2009,
The keeley modded MT-2 is a sweet pedal. I got one on a trade a few months ago and I liked it, but Metal wasn't my thing so I sold it. The petal had a really good sound too it. Definately a lot better than the stock MT-2.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
Throw it away.

That is the best thing to do with that pedal IMO
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT
Throw it away.

That is the best thing to do with that pedal IMO

IYO what is a good pedal to get then? This isnt very helpful unless you have some kind of useful input other than to burn my inferior equipment...
Last edited by CudOfCow at Mar 14, 2009,
the door stop mod
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
i would rather get one of those nano metal muffs, so much worth it over the MT-2 if you want something more grainy and agressive.

honestly that little 50$ pedal brings shame to the MT-2.

but if you can definately mod it, ive heard nothing but good things on keeley modded stuff.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Mar 14, 2009,
Quote by CudOfCow
IYO what is a good pedal to get then? This isnt very helpful unless you have some kind of useful input other than to burn my inferior equipment...

Electro Harmonix Metal Muff
Digitech Hardwire Metal Distortion

Those are good and both under 100 bucks
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
If you're modding it to play metal better, the Keely mod is great. Do it yourself if you can find schematics.

Then again, my favorite mod for the MT-2 is some circuit bending... makes a great short-decay fuzz.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I mod mine myself with only cable soldering as experience when i first start it. I started with monte allums' Tri-gain sustaniac mod. Definitely changes the pedal alot. Then, i mod it further based on info i found on forums (diystompbox.com & bossarea.com).

Now, i looove my metal zone! Fat and aggressive! No spiky mids and nasal sounding. Totally sound different! if u're interested in tweaking (and kinda cheap), DIY! if ur lazy, send it to someone to mod it!
You can always mod it yourself to save money and tweak it to your own liking.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

i bought a modded mt-2 off ebay with a marsha/boogie mod and this thing is insane waaaayy better then any other mt-2 ive heard
Pissing people off since 1987

ESP/LTD MH 401 Stop tail
ESP/LTD MH 401 Floyd Rose
IBANEZ AM93 TKS
Rivera KnuckleHead Reverb
ISP Decimator
MXR KFK-1 10 Band EQ