3 13%
Voters: 24.
Here are the entries for purple team

go here:
http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/guitarwars1/music/

Spiral - ChubbyChaser
The Blues and the Beast - Dr. Terwiliker
Simple Beginnings - Mr. Garvey

Leave constructive comments for our competitors!

Don't forget, polls close in 7 days!

so go ahead and vote for your favorite!

The links to the rest of the groups are here:
orange
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=19047372#post19047372
blue
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=19046380#post19046380
green
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1087185
Last edited by RozzLe at Mar 16, 2009,
ChubbyChaser: Very well put together. You added several layers of guitar and also made them fit perfectly. You got my vote.
Dr. Terwiliker: There really wasn't much to it. It was a constructively timed piece until about halfway through. Not really my thing :/
Mr. Garvey: Not the best playing or recording. It really sounded like something someone would play in a coffee shop somewhere lol, which isn't bad.
ChubbyChaser: those were excellent hooks, you had great mixing. your solo near the end was also well written, not performed as great as it could have been. it sounded like it wanted vocals, though you did the hook hook hook thing you guitar players like doing (it's understandable, who needs shifting melodies when there are vocals?) but remember guys, your guitar is the voice. who wants to hear someone sing the same lyric the same way the whole song? that said, I might try out some fat chicks, make me as good a mixer as you.
Dr. Terwiliker: the hell was that first 1:30? sounded like a completely different song. the first half was completely pointless, no beat, and slow. sounded like some warmups and excercises- if you take that part off, you'll win here. you were probably trying to get that Pink Floyd kinda thing, but it was just not right. once your backup started- WOW. F*** YEAH. I WAS GROOVIN AND MOVIN. you rocked then. 'they call him Dr. T, he gonna cure yo blues/they call him ol Dr. T, and he gonna cure those cheatin blues/he play that guitar/wooowee, he sinks it down to yo dancin shoes'
the first in bass wars or guitar wars to inspire lyrics from me. good job.
Mr. Garvey: well, you played well. you had good feel. when it was over though, I didn't go anywhere. you had an idea, you had good phrasing, but it wasn't really happy or sad. it was a little uptown. in fact, it was a lot uptown. I hate uptown. but even with that given, the other two conveyed their emotions way, way better.

so either Chubbs, or Dr.T.

I'm going with Chubbs, because even though I liked the last part a lot more on T, our resident revver of the love handles was way more consistent, and better mixed.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I thought Dr. T should have had more playing in his, sounds like he just... faded out before it was done...
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
ChubbyChaser- Cool work, smooth, nice. But you could have made it even better with some vocals. The feel is nice.
Dr. Terwiliker- lol. Yours made me laugh for one sole reason, you made the intro WAYYYYYY too long. I mean it would have been nice if i would have heard more of 1:30 and on instead of most of the song being the soft introduction. But other than that really nice work.
Mr. Garvey- I have to agree with RozzLe, it does sound kind of coffee shop, or maybe een those jazz hideouts where they snap their fingers. But thats not bad at all, thats just a different playing style, which I have to say is pretty soothing. Very nice work, love the absence of repetition.
Bump since they are going too far away
And because the links provided on the OP dont seem to work anymore...
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
Quote by KiraIBZ
I thought Dr. T should have had more playing in his, sounds like he just... faded out before it was done...

yea...needed more in the beginning too :/
hmmm.. Purple hasnt gotten too many voters... And I havent seen 2 of the members post SINCE entering... Where are they?
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
Quote by KiraIBZ
hmmm.. Purple hasnt gotten too many voters... And I havent seen 2 of the members post SINCE entering... Where are they?

dissapeared :/
Fantastic playing everyone but my vote goes for Mr. Terwilliker
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C