Aight dudes, heres whats up. I have a dual recto halfstack (solo head+4x12 slant standard) So today I found 2 mesa boogie 1x12 slanted/angled cabs? (like stage monitors, slanted so they face upwards) Which are 8 ohms a pop. Supposedly the speakers are rated for 50 watts each.

So heres the deal, I know to hook up the two 1x12s I just 4 ohm them both and plug em in, same with a 4x12 and 1x12 setup.. Now heres the tricky part! Having 3 8 ohm cabs plugged into 1 100 watt head. The back of the head has 2, 4 ohm outs 2, 8 ohm outs and 2, 16 ohm outs. NOW how do I plug them all in safely? The guy at guitar center helped me a bit and had the 2 1x12's running at 4 ohms each, then he plugged a 4x12 into one of the 8 ohm slots. Was that safe? It WAS working but the volume was pretty low considering 6x12's gets pretty f-in loud pretty f-in fast.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
No matter how you slice it, it appears you'll have an impedance mismatch. The resistance formula calculated by running the 2 1X12s in parallel with each other, then in parallel w/ the 8 ohm 4X12 gives an impedance of 2.7 ohms. I would get or make a splitter w/ 3 female jacks. Plug the 2 1X12s into the dual side of the splitter (the 1X12s in parallel combine to a 4 ohm load), & plug that 1 cable (feeding the splitter & 2 1X12s) into one of the 4 ohm outputs, & run the 4X12 into the 8 ohm slot (if it is in fact an 8 ohm cab). It would be a cheap way to see if it works, but I still think it'd be a wrong-way impedance mismatch. Maybe pm Colin (roc8995) & ask him. He's our resident amp electronics guru. Good luck.

Another possibility if you MUST use both 1X12s, would be to wire them in parallel as I stated above, & get a 2.7 ohm THD Hot Plate. You'd then have the correct load on the amp (as long as you don't bypass the attenuator completely, I believe), & could run all 3 cabs. Hot Plates only have 2 speaker outs, so you'd have to wire the 1X12s in parallel.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Hrm, well if you have me splitting the 2 1x12s into one 4 and then the 4x12 at 8 ohm then whats the difference between doing that and doing what the guy at guitar center did? the 1x12's on 4 ohms and the 4x12 on 8 ohms.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14