I'm going to put a lot of cash into a rack system soon. I want to get a used Mesa Triaxis preamp and a Carvin TS100 power amp. This will be used in live situations for groove/alternative metal.

Now, I need to know what else to put on the rack. I want to get a Korg Rackmount tuner, and a multi effects processor (and a MIDI foot controller) that doesn't have useless amp or cab models like on the line 6 rack processor.

I've seen a TC electronic G Major, Boss GT-Pro, and Digitech GSP1101 that fit the criteria, any others i should know of or be recommended of?

Also, I need a good MIDI foot controller that will be compatible with the triaxis and whatever multi effects i get. Also, is there anything else i need like an attenuator?

I'm also going to get a Marshall 1960A cab, as my current cab is just decent and most likely won't bring out the tone of my expensive rack gear nicely.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by nightraven
you'll need a power conditioner of some sort

maybe a 15 band EQ?

have a look at the rack amp thread as well

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1006732

Thanks for finding that thread! I remember running across it and wanted to take a look, but i couldn't find it.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Just so you know, 1960A's dont go well with american voiced amps (aka Mesas). Mine sounds like total sh!t with my Mark III. I would get a used Mesa Rectifier 4x12 instead.
^Thanks, I'll look into it

I've been looking at ENGL preamps too though
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by bulletrocks522
Just so you know, 1960A's dont go well with american voiced amps (aka Mesas). Mine sounds like total sh!t with my Mark III. I would get a used Mesa Rectifier 4x12 instead.

My Legacy sounds fine

And if that is your price range for multi-fx, definately go with the TC G-Major.
Quote by xwearesinking
I hear training bras are helpful

TS, the G major is a great multieffects unit when you pair it with a high-quality MIDI foot controller. Most MIDI stuff is universal, so it shouldn't have a problem with whatever preamp you decide to get.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
iSP Pro Rack G if you want complete noise reduction.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000