How do I hit multiple notes on the same string? do I use the same right hand finger or what?
Its really quite a hard thing to do with any real speed when fingerpicking.. lemme just get my guitar and see how i do it..

Okay, will i just use the one finger with relative speed, usually my thumb. But i'm not too fast at it, im not sure if anyone is too fast at it.

I usually just make the most of hammer ons and pull offs to get speed.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Last edited by Jiggzy.UK at Mar 14, 2009,
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
Its really quite a hard thing to do with any real speed when fingerpicking.. lemme just get my guitar and see how i do it..

Okay, will i just use the one finger with relative speed, usually my thumb. But i'm not too fast at it, im not sure if anyone is too fast at it.

I usually just make the most of hammer ons and pull offs to get speed.

Ok well not so much speed, but in general. Do I still use my thumb if it's on the three lowest strings?

So for example if I need to play

E ----------- 5 8 7 5
B 7 5 4 7

on a classical what would my right hand do? also how are scales and things meant to be arranged for classical guitar?
I was taught to pluck the three lower strings with my thumb and the top three with my next three fingers. But if your doing a fast run on one string i use my first then second then ring finger and repeat
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by charlie__flynn
I was taught to pluck the three lower strings with my thumb and the top three with my next three fingers. But if your doing a fast run on one string i use my first then second then ring finger and repeat

I do this if a have to involve all 6 strings rapdily, But if it's on two string like TS's example i just used my favourite fingers. I think pretty much everyone has a different Fingerstyle technique.
Nothing is set in stone in fingerstyle IMO

If anything id use my second and first finger and alternate between them, but i think everyone does it differently.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
for someone thats so full of imgn arn,t you the same person that,s learning scales learn what you talk
Most people I know alterate thumb->index->thumb... etc with the thumb behind your index finger
Quote by zorbozate
for someone thats so full of imgn arn,t you the same person that,s learning scales learn what you talk

Leave me alone! Stop bloody following me. I think im giving the right advice.
Stop posting just to seem bigger and smarter than me, because trust me it isn't working. I only give advice here if i think i know what i'm talking about. I'm just a beginner whos not trying to look big or clever, which is more than i can say for you.

"Most people I know alterate thumb->index->thumb... etc with the thumb behind your index finger"

Really? Man, i find that really difficult..I'm going to practice.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
you have no knowledge of what you speak and how dare try to tell this person about scales your still trying to figure out the major
^^^^
Thats for more modern or pop songs

If you really wanna be a beast, alternate between index and middle fingers
Quote by Sootinior
^^^^
Thats for more modern or pop songs

If you really wanna be a beast, alternate between index and middle fingers

I do that
I also recommend alternating between index and middle
It takes a bit to get used to, but it's the most efficient