Sup everyone.
Been a long time since I last posted here and since I've just finished a new song, I decided why not post it? Anyways, here it is.

It's called Winds of Sorrow, it's basically 2 lead guitars each playing a solo in a melodious background.

Enjoy!

EDIT: v1.1 w/ groovy bassline is up!
Attachments:
Winds of Sorrow.zip
Winds of Sorrow v1.1.zip
Last edited by DarkTom666 at Mar 18, 2009,
Nice man. I thought it sounded awesome. Well done.
Last edited by guitar ben94 at Mar 14, 2009,
Freaking awesome dude, is it supposed to be instrumental? If not, it would survive all by itself.
PSN: RokkstarX
Live: RokkyX

All my original (C4C) material is located here.
Alright, here we go, critting as I listen.

Intro: Very nice so far. I like the progression alot. It reminds me of Avenged Sevenfold for one reason or another... I think you could have done the chord on the beginning of the next measure. The drums are very hip-hoppish in my opinion. And the solo on top is very good. Very melodious, not wankerish at all.

Chorus: Very good. I like you're runs in the solo, it's just good. not much to say.

Lead Guitar I: Very good so far. The backing track is sped up, and I like it. The solo is good, and the drums retain that hip-hop feel to them.

Lead Guitar 2: Very nice. I like the sweeps, it's a nice stray away from the more melodious solo's. Adds a nice variety. Maybe you could harmonize the first 1 1/2 measures? Until the pinch harmonics stop.

Pretty much everything was good. The drums kept up the pace throughout, and I like that alot. The solo's were really good. This is definitely an instrumental. Vocals wouldn't do this justice (unless you sneakily added it to another song).

I really liked it. Good job! 9.5/10 :]
I think you should pan the guitars to either side too... it adds a good feeling of wholeness. Maybe not an entire pan to one side, maybe 7? That's just personal preference though.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1087539
It's alos Progressive Piece in my sig.
Last edited by DiminishedFifth at Mar 15, 2009,
Thanks guys.

Yes it's supposed to be an instrumental I don't know if it's finished yet, I might add a small duel !

Thanks for the idea about the harmonizing DiminishedFifth, I might just add that.
And yeah, I usually pan the guitars but right now I can only use my headset which as only the left speaker working so I didn't want to mess with that right now.

Cheers everyone.