I wrote this song during the past few days after listening to a lot of Forest of Shadows and similar melodic, Scandinavian doom bands.

Around 5 minutes with a pretty mellow tempo, so may get dull for some people? Half-assed the strings BTW, they are just there for atmosphere :P.

Enjoy, =D. I'll most likely crit yours.
Attachments:
a_stride_through_autumn_mist.zip
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
Alright, I'll do this as I listen

Intro is very grim and melancholy. But I think you should wait until bar 5 to bring in the strings and flute. Having everything come in at once doesn't do justice to the acoustic riff you have going on there. And have the bass come in with the electric guitars.

Riff B carries the song along nicely. Same for C. If you had lyrics for this, it would have been great if you'd have tabbed out the vocals as well.

The acoustic coming back in later on was a good touch. The fade for the interlude was pulled off very nicely. Bar 70 was slightly awkward when the flute fell silent, though.

What would really make the interlude awesome would be if you had a second acoustic playing a harmony with the flute.

Good outtro, but maybe it should have been a downstroke instead of the upstroke on the last bar.

Overall it was pretty good, it was slow, but it stayed interesting, and that's what counts.

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1085318
Thanks for the crit, man. I'll look at your now, I've been working on some end-term projects this past week so I didn't have much chance to do critting .
Dude I really liked it! It seemed very depressing, is that what you were trying to impress into it? If so, nice job.

Nice work with the drums, very VERY tasteful. It seemed a tad repetitive though, I apologize, that is the only fault I have with it.

The intro and outro left me pretty much speechless dude. Good job. I think you put a lot of work in it and it was really worth it.

8.5/10 (points knocked for repitition, sorry, I have this issue as well)

Please if you do not mind, critiquing any song that strikes your fancy in my signature?
PSN: RokkstarX
Live: RokkyX

All my original (C4C) material is located here.
Quote by defiance64
Dude I really liked it! It seemed very depressing, is that what you were trying to impress into it? If so, nice job.

8.5/10 (points knocked for repitition, sorry, I have this issue as well)

Yes, considering it's DOOM metal I was, in fact, trying to make it extremely depressing and distressful.

Repetition should be fixed with vocals (going to mix clean and extreme most likely), and if not then it is doom.. so repetition will hopefully imply more of an emotional trance unto
the listener.

That's all for spamming of my thread, I thought I should just clear this up... kthxbai <3.
Last edited by AngrySockMonkey at Mar 20, 2009,
Sheesh! next time make a ****tier song so I actually have something to talk about.

Anyways I don't know what to say, the song is pretty much perfect all the way through. I was going to suggest having a section where the instruments open up a bit, but then section D came along.

The only thing that I think could make this song better is if you made the outro solely acoustic and changed up the notes a bit. Add some hammers, maybe some legato, or some up-stroke chords.
I would try for something like the outro in that Agalloch song, whats it called? O ya A Desolation Song. Its one of my favorite acoustic passages ever.

Pure Win