I got a trojan virus on my xp32 and i cant find the backup discs to reboot so i need to buy another package. I obviously would prefer a 64bit OS but a) my cubase sx3 isnt compatable so what would REAPER work? and b) would all my plugins and vstis be compatable:-

Oxford Package
superior drummer 2.0
GTR 2
Synthogy Ivory
Pianoteq
Minimonsta
Edirol Orchestra

If not would vista 32 work?
I'm not sure about Reaper; Vista32 Should work, provided you have the hardware to support it.
Don't bother with a 64bit OS unless you have 4gigs of RAM, otherwise, for the most part, it's not worth it.
And if you still have the license key for XP, just download it from bittorrent, and install it using the CD key you have.
Quote by identityxcrysis
I'm not sure about Reaper; Vista32 Should work, provided you have the hardware to support it.
Don't bother with a 64bit OS unless you have 4gigs of RAM, otherwise, for the most part, it's not worth it.
And if you still have the license key for XP, just download it from bittorrent, and install it using the CD key you have.

i tried that but it doesnt give me the option to reinstall for some reason. I have xp64 on my pc because i initially failed to take it off properly so this is where im trying to sort it out from.