Gibson SG, Special faded? Not sure if the guitar matters, but my strings are stone cold dead and I need some news one and I'm thinking going .10 gauges, but I'm wondering if I should go higher for more sustain/better volume. Any hints/tips?

Also what are the best strings?Like the best strings that 1.) last long 2.) feel great to play on and...well that's basically it. Thanks for the help in advance
Strings are subjective. Try some differant brands until you find one you like.

As for what gauge, that's also subjective. On a guitar with a stoptail bridge you shouldn't have to worry about sustain but .10's sound like a good fit for most. Might want to try .11's though.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
I'll give the .11's a try just cause I think I already had .10's on it to try it out and they didn't make a difference in my eye. Or maybe they just had .10's on all along lol, either way I'll give .11's a try,

And I'll try Ernie ball and see what happens. Idk about slinkies though, what's so special about them?
Well long lasting isn't my highest concern. It's really playability, and sustain. A set of strings that can really make my guitar amazing. y'know?
a new set of strings isnt going to make a guitar play that much better. set it up afterwards too. that will make a difference.
Quote by Mayonaise 812
a new set of strings isnt going to make a guitar play that much better. set it up afterwards too. that will make a difference.

It will compared to a set of dead strings. and I plan on setting it up after