Hey there UG. Looking for an amp head for metal.

Some examples of tones I want to achieve are:
Killswitch Engage
DevilDriver
Parkway Drive
Soilwork
All That Remains

I want a head that has a nice depth to it. With huge bass and growling mids. I want it to be able to growl and sing. Something that just sounds HUGE.

I usually tune to D standard or drop C.

I'm currently thinking a single rec... but I'll take more watts if it means better tone.

Oh, and I'm definitely willing to go used. As a matter of fact, I'm banking on it to get a good price

One last thing, suggest me a good OD too
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Mesa Oversized recto 4x12
Jackson DKMG (w/ BareKnuckle Warpigs )
Ibanez Acoustic

Feel free to add me or PM me.
Last edited by {Ѵëņŏmőůş} at Mar 14, 2009,
I would say a 6505 would be pretty good for you.

I heard it does metal very well.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-6505-120W-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=481431

You will need to go a little bit past your price range though.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
yeah 6505 will be good.. some people like rectifiers also.. you could also check out the JSX head.. but the 6505 will be the best choice then the jsx then recto
oh for the rest of your question.. maxon overdrive 08 i think is the model thats the one killswitch uses.. you can look at an ibanez tube screamer also.. and if u want your guitar to sing DEFF check those 2 peaveys the 6505 and JSX
I've already played both of those amps... Didn't really get on with the JSX. The 6505 wasn't too bad. I didn't really get to crank it though, damn sales clerks! I'm going down to a major area over spring break, and I'll get a good chance to try out some awesome gear
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Ibanez Acoustic

Bump!! Did some research last night, it seems that most of the bands I mentioned currently use or have used a rectifier/6505 + a boost. I guess I'll just go try those two out more!!

Still open to more suggestions if you got em!
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Ibanez Acoustic

Orange Rocker?
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by GezzyDiversion
Peavey Valveking if you are on a bugdet

Hes thinking about Recto's and 5150's and you suggest him a VK???????? VK's suck ass.
haha! I have a friend who owns a valveking head. It sounded better than I expected when he gigged it, but NOT the type of power I'm looking for friend. Something more... CRUSHING.
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Ibanez Acoustic

Quote by {Ѵëņŏmőůş}
haha! I have a friend who owns a valveking head. It sounded better than I expected when he gigged it, but NOT the type of power I'm looking for friend. Something more... CRUSHING.

Get a Marshall MG... (you wanted to hear that, dont you?)

Seriously, what about a Laney? Used GH100L or a VH100r could suit your needs. They could sound to Middy and British, though.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
Quote by OrangeWalls
Get a Marshall MG... (you wanted to hear that, dont you?)

Seriously, what about a Laney? Used GH100L or a VH100r could suit your needs. They could sound to Middy and British, though.

Glad someone caught that

No, I'm not really into british voiced. Heard some good things about Laneys though!
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Ibanez Acoustic