hey guys
hopefully this is my last post on this subject...i've been tryin to decide which tube head to buy over the last few months, finally got the money, and i gotta do something.

my local guitar store has an Ibanez Thermion 120 in stock, and can get me a Peavey JSX 120 pretty quickly

i play metal and rock, learning prog, and learning shred. my influences are timmons, satch, vai, hammet, vinnie moore, joe stump, becker, friedman etc....

thanks!
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Hey man, I've battled with the exact same situation--I loved both amps when i tried them, but I ultimately went with the JSX. I don't think you'll be disappointed. The Thermion is definitely a nice amp, but not nice enough for the price point.
Quote by guitarinchris
Hey man, I've battled with the exact same situation--I loved both amps when i tried them, but I ultimately went with the JSX. I don't think you'll be disappointed. The Thermion is definitely a nice amp, but not nice enough for the price point.

very good valid point, i'm personally leaning more towards the jsx myself...BUT

the guy at the guitar store is offering me the Thermion head and cab, for the same price as the jsx head by itself....

so i buy the jsx and cant use it for another month while i save up for a cab, which i'm fine with, or i just get the thermion half stack...

i'll probably end up goin jsx i think
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

Quote by thedekker
very good valid point, i'm personally leaning more towards the jsx myself...BUT

the guy at the guitar store is offering me the Thermion head and cab, for the same price as the jsx head by itself....

so i buy the jsx and cant use it for another month while i save up for a cab, which i'm fine with, or i just get the thermion half stack...

i'll probably end up goin jsx i think

i would go for Thermion Deal.

just so i could then play and save, then sell the cab towards a better cab.
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
The JSX will definitely be worth the wait. It is miles ahead of the Thermion.

The JSX is one of the most versatile amps on the market and you won't be disappointed.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
you guys have been super helpful, thanks!
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE