i bought a jackson DK2S like 8 months ago, i didnt know it was an old one worth way less because it has duncan designed pickups .. heres a link to my basic guitar.

http://www.poweralley.com/dk2s_dinky.htm

anyways, the guitars cool its self, just ive heard duncan designed hb-102b humbuckers suck lol ( mine came stofck with)

i was wondering what should i replace it with. i play mostly metal like bullet for my valentine, trivium.....

should i pay the $200 for a replacement? or should i invest that in a new guitar?

i like the guitar its self but i think i need a change.

if anyone knows what year my guitar is please tell me. also since it already uses a 9 v battery for the sustainer can i get emgs to use the same one?... can a new hole be made so i can have emgs? i just dont know what to do and i wana play some metal
Washburn / Boogiestreet guitars boogiebolt 2 w/ blackouts
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
squier bullet w/ebony board
ibanez weeping demon
You don't have to have any holes rerouted for the EMGs. Just get the SA single coil actives with an 81 or 89 in the bridge. You're good to go, as Trivium and BFMV (whom I happen to love a lot) usually use their bridge pickups for most of their stuff anyhow. (Except Padge uses his neck pu for a few solos). RANDALL AMPS RULE!
Quote by dash-rendar
You don't have to have any holes rerouted for the EMGs. Just get the SA single coil actives with an 81 or 89 in the bridge. You're good to go, as Trivium and BFMV (whom I happen to love a lot) usually use their bridge pickups for most of their stuff anyhow. (Except Padge uses his neck pu for a few solos). RANDALL AMPS RULE!

so if i get an emg 81 in the bridge, where do i put the battery for the pickup?

and yes randalls own !!
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon
Since you already have a battery door, the battery will power the 81 and the Sustainer. You're good to go man.
Quote by dash-rendar
Since you already have a battery door, the battery will power the 81 and the Sustainer. You're good to go man.

emg or duncan blackout? .. :P... i cant really try them out lol. i want the pickup for metal, but cleans are a bonus dont really reccomend on the cleans. ill play clean 1/10 times 9/10 distorted

thanks for your help
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon
The blackouts are designed to give you a more versatile sound, similar to EMGs with the 18V mod. I'd say try 'em both out and see which you like better. If you can't due to lack of music stores (like me) that would carry them, then check youtube. There should be a few comparicon vids there
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
I'd say go with the Blackout if you're doing mostly distortion. You'll have to do some amp adjusting due to some of the tweaked settings on the pickup itself, but other than that, go for it man!
get an EMG 89 in the bridge.
in single coil mode, its perfect for clean and in humbucker mode, you get a more metal tone
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
Go for an EMG 81TW which has the push pull pot for single coil. I just ordered a Zakk Wylde kit and am going to get it tomorrow. (81 for bridge and 85 in neck: just like bullet).

can pm you my findings if you want. Im installing into an Ibanez RG321MH.
Ibanez RG321MH - PearlBlue (Now with EMG 85 and 81)
Jackson JS30RR - Black
Ibanez RG321MH - Black (now Red)

line 6 POD x3
CRATE GT212
Boss NS-2 (unused)
Ibanez TubeKing TK999HT (unused)

http://www.youtube.com/gconry