Hey guys, PRS have really started to rub off on me lately, at first i thought meh wannabe Les Pauls, but not anymore iv been debating possibly going for one as my next guitar rather then a Gibby

anyways to the Question:

Do they get Les Paul deep tones, but with the neck that is as easy to play high notes as an SG?

I havnt had a posibility to play one yet, was in a rush and only had a minute to pick one up at the music store and fiddle around on hte neck to check out how comfortable it is, forgot to check the high notes and how easy they are to play though.

Thanks guyyys!
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by JELIFISH19
Are you considering a Single or Double cut?

Yeah the double cut, otherwise for the single id probably go for a Les Paul, but i have an SG cuz i enjoy fret access

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Mar 14, 2009,
I like PRS stuff. Their necks are really easy to get around on, esp. their wide-thin profile (like found on the Modern Eagle). Great pickups, sounds a lot better than an LP in my opinion... and I want one soooo badly
I had PRS SE Custom for a while, and although it is one of the lower end models it was still an amazing guitar. Fantastic neck, amazing fret access, extremely versatile tones.

I'm enduring a severe case of GAS for a Custom 24, I've only played one for about 20 minutes at a music store, but it was so fantastic.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
does the 24 fret SE's lose alot of sound in the neck pup?
and im assuming these guitars are all balanced well?

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
The guitars are definately well balanced and no sound is lost, at least on the models I played
they won't give you as big a sound as a les paul simply because they're not as big. i've played a PRS and a Gibson Les Paul back to back and they do sound different, however they're still very awesome guitars in their own right.

i'm GAS'ing for a PRS style guitar as we speak
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
General consensus is the PRS MIA are fantastic and the SE Korean mades are serious mid level guitars. In Canada you're talking around $800.00 for a nice SE but the ones I've seen lately look good. WHile I love my EPi ELitists I think the SE may be slightly better than the standard Chinese EPI's. (Opinion)
Moving on.....
PRS, the thing you have to know is that the build quality, materials and craftsmanship resulting in playability is the very best money can buy.

Les paul gibsons have pure 'ballsyness' in the powerful tone, Single cut PRS's will be very powerful and solid tonally but les paul has something a tiny bit extra in the 'oooommthhhh'

But, the playability and build of a PRS destroys most les pauls. Gibsons are grossly mass produced, where as PRS's are more hand built crafted instruments.

I own a PRS single CUT trem USA and it is purely amazing!
However I have serious gas for a les paul gibson so...........

Each instrument is individual, but PRS's play amazingly, look awesome and you get what you pay for.

I just want a gibson les paul for that iconography, history and look and particularly the sound!. Every I love plays a gibby.

Peter green
gary moore
Slash
alex lifeson (some times)
My wife bought me a used PRS CE 22 about three years ago and I fell in love with it. It'll get low down tones, but not quite as nice as the LP simply because the mass isn't there. I haven't played an LP in years, but the reason I quit was the slender neck. The PRS fits me nicely. Granted I'm not a huge soloist, or musician for that matter, but I would recommend taking a couple of hours with both guitars and then decide. I haven't played an SE yet so I can't say anything there. You picked a couple of guitars that'll leave you in a humbucker if you're not careful! Good luck and keep strumming.