Yesterday i listened to some Opeth songs (Patterns in the Ivy, Reverie/Harlequin Forest, Blackened and Black Water Park) and i really loved them, so i wanna *buy* some of their CD's, but i don't know where to start, cause i'm not used to death metal growls, so i would like to start with their less heavier albums and then move to the growling...
I would really appreciate some help with a list or something of what Opeth albums should i start with.
█████████████████████████
well from what i've heard of it, watershed, the newest one, is probably the most diverse. layered acoustics and female vocals? hellllll yeah, man
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
first off, metal forum

second off,

Ghost Reveries, Blackwater Park are must haves.

edit: woops didn't see the not too heavy part:P

Ghost reveries is good. Morningrise is full of your 13+ minutes epic songs, you may wanna listen before you buy though.
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Last edited by seek_&_destroy at Mar 14, 2009,
Start with Damnation, it's totally Acoustic/Clean, And "Seek_&_destroy", If you're honestly gonna tell me Opeth doesn't belong in the "Progressive" section, you should seek help and/or leave.
Quote by Jody LeCompte
"My personal preference has always been for a rack unit. One less thing to play dance dance revolution with on your pedalboard"

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by seek_&_destroy
first off, metal forum

second off,

Ghost Reveries, Blackwater Park are must haves.

edit: woops didn't see the not too heavy part:P

Ghost reveries is good. Morningrise is full of your 13+ minutes epic songs, you may wanna listen before you buy though.

i guess you didn't notice the sarcasm in *buy*

anyway, thanks dor the advices, keep em coming
█████████████████████████