Page 1 of 2
I'll start...

what is so great about Bob Dylan...? Like honestly, there's so much hype, so many people out there consider him one of the pioneers of rock music and worships his music....other than All Along the watchtower, I think the rest of his songs are crap. Seriously, someone explain the hype.
What is so great about ELO? Oh wait, everything.

amidoinitrite?!

Small writing in the middle of big sig.

It all depends on people's preference in music.

I don't like Rap, but some people find it to be the greatest genre of music ever created. (Hard to believe, right?)
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Quote by RU Experienced?
People have different opinions than you, contrary to minority belief.

When did this happen?
What is so great about Muse?

The vocals are horrible and whiny. The guitar is meh. I don't know why you guys fellate Muse. They are a meh band.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466

The vocals are horrible and whiny. The guitar is meh. I don't know why you guys fellate Muse. They are a meh band.

They had a cool opening to the song "Supermassive Black Hole," but I will agree with you on every single thing you stated.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Cause Bob Dylan has more money than you. And better lyrics.
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
Quote by my_pony_bit_me
tbh there's nothing great about the most of rock/metal artists...

are you friggin kidding me?!

what do u consider great, then?
friggin 50 cent?

get a hold of yourself, you silly man
iMETAL!!!

and cookies. i LOVE cookies.
Quote by darkstar2466

I think a lot of people like them because they take elements of progressive music and condense it into a more accessible state by combining it with "alternative"/pop elements.
Quote by Xeron Brigs
It all depends on people's preference in music.

I don't like Rap, but some people find it to be the greatest genre of music ever created. (Hard to believe, right?)

*raises hand*

I think rap is the best genre. But I also like many genres.

No joke.
Inb4 Metallica!

What's so great about NickleBack. Where I live, everyone is crazy about them, but I just can't get into them. Everyone says Chad Krogner (That's his name, right?) is such an amazing guitarist, but I don't see it.
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
Last edited by Rojam at Mar 14, 2009,
also, what is so great about Coldplay?

someone tell me please,
because i had many people who failed to persuade me o.0
iMETAL!!!

Quote by kmceric1004
are you friggin kidding me?!

what do u consider great, then?
friggin 50 cent?

get a hold of yourself, you silly man

Classical music composers and performers, lots of jazz guitarists and blues performers as well.
What's so great about Children of Bodom?
Honestly, i hear this **** from every kid who thinks they're the fastest, heaviest mother****ers in metal. And yes, Alex Laiho is alright, but he is by no means the greatest shredder alive. They seem pretty widely appreciated, but I'll be damned if they don't sound generic as hell.
Quote by kmceric1004
also, what is so great about Coldplay?

someone tell me please,
because i had many people who failed to persuade me o.0

They're full of awesomo~

plus most people don't even know why they hate them except that other people hates them.
Quote by S)E-Javelin
I'll start...

what is so great about Bob Dylan...? Like honestly, there's so much hype, so many people out there consider him one of the pioneers of rock music and worships his music....other than All Along the watchtower, I think the rest of his songs are crap. Seriously, someone explain the hype.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAbtg9dz5P0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgrKJueuSZw&feature=related
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Quote by my_pony_bit_me
Classical music composers and performers, lots of jazz guitarists and blues performers as well.

OHHHHHH

in that case,

i agree.

LOL
iMETAL!!!

Quote by EEE_ELLL_OHH
What is so great about ELO? Oh wait, everything.

amidoinitrite?!

Of course.
In 1976 I saw ELO at the Birmingham NEC. I was there shouting with everyone else "come back on, ELO, and carry on playing".
i'll have 2 agree about bob dylan i'm not a fan. i don't like his voice, can sound awful (in my opinion). but i do respect as an artist for achieving what he has achieved, & i think evry1 should.
Whats so great about metal? Possibly one of the dullest, most overhyped genres of music. The only thing worse is progressive metal, i imagine thats what an unpleasent death is like.
What is so great about Metallica?
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by S)E-Javelin
I'll start...

Listen to what he is writing about, in the time that he was writing about it.

What is so great about DRAGONFORCE
Quote by goodlifebadlife
Whats so great about metal? Possibly one of the dullest, most overhyped genres of music. The only thing worse is progressive metal, i imagine thats what an unpleasent death is like.

hmm, where to start with this one?
firstly, i think you are generalising too much when you say 'overhyped'.
only sort of metal artists that has been overhyped that i can think of is metallica (this is gonna cause some dispute. but this is purely my opinion)

metal is basically, a tight-knit piece of skillful composition and a marvellous display of musicianship (imo of course)

people can play mainstream stuff after learning their insturment for about a few months. metal takes years to play/compose.
iMETAL!!!

Quote by Streetking07
what is the deal with Tom Morello?
He is a terrible excuse for a guitar player

He's actually changed the way guitar can be played.
and he is a pretty decent guitar player.

look at the solos for "Settle For Nothing" or his extensive use of the whammy bar.
He's inspired numerous musicians.

What's the deal with The Verve?
total ripoff of Oasis.
Quote by kmceric1004
hmm, where to start with this one?
firstly, i think you are generalising too much when you say 'overhyped'.
only sort of metal artists that has been overhyped that i can think of is metallica (this is gonna cause some dispute. but this is purely my opinion)

metal is basically, a tight-knit piece of skillful composition and a marvellous display of musicianship (imo of course)

people can play mainstream stuff after learning their insturment for about a few months. metal takes years to play/compose.

Your right, I am generalising. But its my opinion so I can
Quote by Hendrix_fan_14

look at the solos for "Settle For Nothing" or his extensive use of the whammy bar.

total ripoff of Oasis.

He really didn't do anything amazing. Buckethead was doing that way before him
What is so great about AC/DC?

I'll admit I used to listen to them quite a bit, but now I find the vocals (at least those of Brian Johnson) to be ear-shatteringly cacophonous. Almost all of the guitar work and instrumental work in general sounds very bland, generic, and similiar to another one of their songs. They have maybe two or three distinguishable songs, which is pretty sad. Another thing - All of their lyrics as I interpret them lack any kind of substance.
SAVE THE JAZZ

"Remember, there are two kinds of people in the world:
People who finish things, and"
Last edited by ledhead67 at Mar 14, 2009,
Quote by jeremessmore
BuT hE m4kE5 tEH keWL sOunds anD Is iN gUiTar hErO 3 ZomG!!!!!!!!11111111

(It's because there aren't many others than can pass off a pedal board as an instrument)

lmao its called fingernails and tremelo, scratch the strings, and then you can call your self better than tom morello
Quote by Hendrix_fan_14

total ripoff of Oasis.

Settle for Nothing>>>>>>>>Any other RATM song.

The solo in Settle for Nothing is so ****ing beautiful.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by S)E-Javelin
They're full of awesomo~

plus most people don't even know why they hate them except that other people hates them.

i dislike Coldplay because their songs sound like ripoffs of over people's work

oh wait....

but seriously i'm not into pop/punk which is why i dislike Coldplay

and to contribute...what's so great about Pink Floyd? (you heard me right) their music is long, gloomy and boring...and this is coming from a person who loves Rush. i find their work and their lyrics un-inspirational, David Gilmore is good guitar player, but i mean...i can only listen slow droning music for so long.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Waterboy799
i dislike Coldplay because their songs sound like ripoffs of over people's work

oh wait....

but seriously i'm not into pop/punk which is why i dislike Coldplay

and to contribute...what's so great about Pink Floyd? (you heard me right) their music is long, gloomy and boring...and this is coming from a person who loves Rush. i find their work and their lyrics un-inspirational, David Gilmore is good guitar player, but i mean...i can only listen slow droning music for so long.

It's called drugs.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Muse are surprising in that you never know what to expect with thier songs. the vocals do take a bit of getting used to and the lyrics usualy arent anything special (IMO) but what i like about them is they can be as heavy as most metal bands but thier more diverse in thier style.

and anyone who says matt bellamy isnt an amazing guitar player isnt paying attention.

can someone please tell me whats the big deal with metal nowadays. when i listen to a metal song all i hear is people trying to play as fast as they can and a singer with a raspy voice trying to sound dangerous. im not saying every band or song is like this but thats what i normaly hear from metal bands on the radio
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
What is so great about Jonas Brothers? They are a bunch of homos.
I'M BACK IN THE SADDLE
Quote by heavyairship
can someone please tell me whats the big deal with metal nowadays. when i listen to a metal song all i hear is people trying to play as fast as they can and a singer with a raspy voice trying to sound dangerous. im not saying every band or song is like this but thats what i normaly hear from metal bands on the radio

This is where you went wrong.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by heavyairship
Muse are surprising in that you never know what to expect with thier songs. the vocals do take a bit of getting used to and the lyrics usualy arent anything special (IMO) but what i like about them is they can be as heavy as most metal bands but thier more diverse in thier style.

and anyone who says matt bellamy isnt an amazing guitar player isnt paying attention.

i didnt catch that last part

they play metal on the radio
u are a lucky man to be in that area

i have to listen to "icky thump" and Billy Talent on repeat in my area
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
Quote by ledhead67
What is so great about AC/DC?

I'll admit I used to listen to them quite a bit, but now I find the vocals (at least those of Brian Johnson) to be ear-shatteringly cacophonous. Almost all of the guitar work and instrumental work in general sounds very bland, generic, and similiar to another one of their songs. They have maybe two or three distinguishable songs, which is pretty sad. Another thing - All of their lyrics as I interpret them lack any kind of substance.

Because it's fun music, people get together (certain people mind you) and listen to AC/DC and have fun, it's like drinking except it doesn't cause liver problems
Page 1 of 2