Does anyone else here suffer from severe jealousy whenever you see someone with and awesome guitar or amp?
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
it's called GAS, and it's a medically recognized phenomenon. nothing new around here.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
The first amp I bought was a Bluesbreaker, and the first electric guitar I bought was an american strat, so, no, not at this site. But when I hang around at the gear page, I see people with like 20 different Fender amps and like 10 Marshall full stacks with their vintage Les Pauls that stands next to it... those things makes me wonder.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Last edited by Hultan at Mar 14, 2009,
As theoreticmusic said. It's called GAS. And it's natural.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
IMO A Good guitarist can play a bad guitar , but a bad guitarist can't do a thing whit a good guitar , well at least that what i heared.
Thou i think eweryone should hawe a guitr in his skills range.
It's kinda funny to see wannabes whit Gibson LP .
And ql to see pros play on it.
Quote by Ic3
IMO A Good guitarist can play a bad guitar , but a bad guitarist can't do a thing whit a good guitar , well at least that what i heared.
Thou i think eweryone should hawe a guitr in his skills range.
It's kinda funny to see wannabes whit Gibson LP .
And ql to see pros play on it.

I completly agree.
I hate it when a beginner gets a custom Gibby, just cuz he is rich and all.
I mean, good for him for getting it, but i would hate to see him give up on guitar and all...Its a shame.
And i have never seen "cool" spelled ql.
I like that.
My good sir, i appaluad you.
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Quote by theoreticmusic
it's called GAS, and it's a medically recognized phenomenon. nothing new around here.

goddamm GAS.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Some of us can't afford SF Bassman and Fallen Angels.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
Some of us can't afford SF Bassman and Fallen Angels.

Luckily enough for me the Bassman was given to me by an old family friend. I worked my ass off to get everything else though - but it was all worth it
Quote by theoreticmusic
it's called GAS, and it's a medically recognized phenomenon.

Totally gonna sig that.

DAMMIT! No room
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Jealous? No. I'm never jealous that someone owns something. Envy maybe that they perhaps own something that I would also like.
404: Sig not found.
Quote by doctorcheeze200
I completly agree.
I hate it when a beginner gets a custom Gibby, just cuz he is rich and all.
I mean, good for him for getting it, but i would hate to see him give up on guitar and all...Its a shame.
And i have never seen "cool" spelled ql.
I like that.
My good sir, i appaluad you.

You guys would absolutely HATE some of the bands I play with. Kids that are complete scrubs with Gibson LPs and Orange half stacks. I just feel like I could put that stuff to better use! >_<

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come

I'm not jealous I just I wish I had some money.
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.
Bassmans (Bassmen? lol) aren't that expensive actually, and that one looks to be a 70's bassman which shouldn't cost that very much. And there are even some that doesn't sound good at all for guitars. And an Epiphone? I don't mean to sound offensive but I would be jealous on alot of people if I had that rig.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by ChrisN
Jealous? No. I'm never jealous that someone owns something. Envy maybe that they perhaps own something that I would also like.

**** you. I wanted to point out his misuse of the word.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
I don't get jealous, but I get like "**** I want that so bad"

If I see someone with better gear than me, I'm just like "good for them, twice as good if they can play awesome".
with gear like mine....not really

however real nice pedalboards do make me jealous because i'm really GAS'ing for some new ones.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by SchecterZV
I have a feeling i'd understand a lot more in life if I understood what GAS stood for.

Gear Acquisition Syndrome.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
As long as it's on UG, I'm ok with it ... because I can't see them, or hear them play it. (I can however get multiple opinions on gear I'm looking into buying without dropping the money myself to find out that it sucks)

But when I'm at a show, and someone has an orange combo with an orange extension cab beneath it, and are using a DS-1 for distortion ... I get a little upset.
Main Gear:
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe (Modded)
Fender MIM Strat
Ibanez Acoustic
Vox VR15

Saving For:
Peavey Classic 30
It doesnt really effect me that much because looking at peoples stuff and what they have to say about it expands my options when im looking at things, This is why I like UG...
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
Last edited by BlackIce87 at Mar 14, 2009,
Quote by hendricks.89
As long as it's on UG, I'm ok with it ... because I can't see them, or hear them play it. (I can however get multiple opinions on gear I'm looking into buying without dropping the money myself to find out that it sucks)

But when I'm at a show, and someone has an orange combo with an orange extension cab beneath it, and are using a DS-1 for distortion ... I get a little upset.

So you would get upset with Joe Satriani? He, at one point, used a DS-1.
Yep, my one friend owns a '65 Fender Super Reverb, Roland JC-120, Peavey 6505 full stack, a 9 piece Mapex drum set and, is getting a Mesa Boogie Dual Rec for his birthday this year.

The funny part is that he only drums.
Last edited by schecter ftw at Mar 14, 2009,
I get envious when i see kids that go to school with me with really crappy gear/skills getting in bands/shows. I have one of the nicer setups in my school, and nothings happening. im on the brink though.